Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Lewiston, ME 04240
Northeast Paving is seeking Asphalt Laborers. Previous experience working with hot mix asphalt or in road construction, is preferred, though training will be provided for the right candidate. Please, see key duties below for detailed descriptions of common tasks. This is a great opportunity to learn and grow in the road construction and asphalt paving industry. This is a seasonal position with full time hours and overtime pay for hourly employees.
Asphalt Laborers will be expected to carry out a wide range of tasks which may include:
- Raking Asphalt
- Dumping trucks
- Operating some machinery, such as tractor broom
- Shoveling, sweeping, and using a wheelbarrow
- Must be able to work nights and weekends when required
- General. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Key Duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and Experience. This position is an entry-level role and requires minimal experience in the asphalt industry.
- High school diploma or equivalent
Driver’s license (preferred)
Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with job site supervisors and fellow employees.
- Physical Demands. The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an Asphalt Laborer to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Constant physical effort, including standing, is required during a regular work shift of at least eight hours per day. Employee must be able to stand for extended periods of time, and to stoop, bend, and crouch as required to perform Key Duties.
- Occasionally work with hands extended overhead, sometimes in conjunction with the operation of power tools or hand tools involved in cleaning.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds individually and up to 90 pounds with assistance.
- Manual dexterity to push a wheelbarrow, use hand tools, such as, shovel, rake, pick-axe, and to form proper hand signals for dumping trucks
- Frequently walk on uneven surfaces, including natural ground in varying weather conditions.
- Must be able to climb on and off heavy mobile equipment safely.
- Maintain constant alertness to the multiple concurrent activities of the construction site, including the activities of other employees and contractors, the operation of stationary equipment, and the movement of mobile equipment.
- Work Environment. The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that an Asphalt Laborer will encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Work environment periodically exposes the employees to high levels of noise, commonly found in road construction.
- Work may involve a variety of substances commonly found in road construction or near equipment, such as, grease, diesel fuel, gasoline, and asphalt.
- Employee regularly works near heavy equipment, moving machinery, and near traffic.
- Demonstrates Safety 1st. It is important for members of the Northeast Paving team to be actively involved in their own safety, while being considerate of fellow employees.Assess work environment for possible hazards and makes sure training is adequate to perform work.
Has proper personal protective equipment and tools, uses them appropriately for the given task.
Speaks up if seeing an unsafe act
Identifies and turns in near miss reports
Asks for help, when needed, to perform tasks safely.
Considers if there is a safer way to perform work and communicates.
- Medical & Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Term Life
- Long Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Paid Vacation & Holiday Pay
- 401(k) Plan
- Additional Benefits including wellness coaching, etc.
We promote a Drug-Free Workplace.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability are encouraged to apply.
Blythe Construction, Inc. – Hubbard Construction Company – Northeast Paving – Sunmount Paving – Virginia Paving Company, are hereby referred to as Eurovia USAAccessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact Human Resources at*Blythe Construction, Inc.: Phone: 704-375-8474Hubbard Construction Company*: Phone: 407-645-5500*Eurovia Atlantic Coast, LLC*:Phone: 704-375-8474
Eurovia USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Eurovia USA is committed to providing a fair and equal employment opportunity workplace. All hiring and promotional decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status that is protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic – Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English