Asphalt Paving Foreman
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Lewiston, ME 04240
Provides overall on-site leadership on a construction project site. Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in spreading, rolling, tamping, and patching asphalt or similar material to form surfaces of highways, streets, parking lots, aircraft landing strips, and driveways.
- Provides direction, training and assistance to an asphalt crew.
- Tours job sites to ascertain progress in meeting time schedules, to detect insufficient utilization of workers and equipment.
- Measures slope and material thickness to verify compliance with contracts and to supervise the job.
- Communicates daily with Project Manager or Project Superintendent to discuss schedule and production needs.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality, and crew performance.
- Maintains time and materials records necessary to complete daily job costing.
- Maintains company policy.
- Ensures the safety of crew members and the public who may interact with job.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Key Duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and Experience. This position typically is not an entry-level job, as it requires demonstrable previous experience as an Asphalt Paving Foreman.
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred.
- Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with job site supervisors and fellow employees.
- Three (3) to Five (5) years or more of industry related experience is required for this position, with an emphasis on asphalt and paving.
- DOT experience is preferred. Valid Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record required.
- Physical Demands. The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an Asphalt Paving Foreman to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Constant physical effort, including standing, is required during a regular work shift of at least eight hours per day. Employee must be able to stand for extended periods of time, and to stoop, bend, and crouch as required to perform Key Duties.
- Ability to lift and carry, on a frequent basis, at least 50 pounds personally, and up to 150 pounds with assistance.
- Manual dexterity to hand-carry generators, construction materials, forms, power tools, and hand tools.
- Maintain constant alertness to the multiple concurrent activities of the construction site, including the activities of other employees and contractors, the operation of stationary equipment, and the movement of mobile equipment.
- Frequently walk on uneven surfaces, including natural ground in varying weather conditions.
- Work Environment. The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that an Asphalt Paving Foreman encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Work environment periodically exposes the employees to high levels of noise, grease, and dust that is typically associated with a construction project.
- Employee regularly works near heavy equipment and moving machinery.
- Work may involve a variety of substances commonly found on a construction site such as form oil, grease, curing compounds, gasoline, diesel fuel and asphalt.
- Medical & Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Term Life
- Long Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Paid Vacation & Holiday Pay
- 401(k) Plan
- Additional Benefits including wellness coaching, etc..
We promote a Drug-Free Workplace.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability are encouraged to apply.
Blythe Construction, Inc. – Hubbard Construction Company – Northeast Paving – Sunmount Paving – Virginia Paving Company, are hereby referred to as Eurovia USAAccessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact Human Resources at*Blythe Construction, Inc.: Phone: 704-375-8474Hubbard Construction Company*: Phone: 407-645-5500*Eurovia Atlantic Coast, LLC*:Phone: 704-375-8474
Eurovia USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Eurovia USA is committed to providing a fair and equal employment opportunity workplace. All hiring and promotional decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status that is protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic – Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English