Vacuum Truck Driver
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Hermon, ME 04401
Responsible for safely and efficiently operating a vacuum truck and dump truck as needed.
- Operate vaccum truck
- A valid CDL class A or B with good driving record is required
- Ability to operate equipment safely and efficiently
- Tanker Endorsement is a plus
- Demonstrates safety 1st
- Identifies and turns in near miss reports
- Speaks up when sees unsafe act
- Nighttime and weekend hours are possible
- General. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Key Duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and Experience. This position typically is not an entry-level job, as it requires demonstrable previous experience as a Vacuum Truck Driver. A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred. Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with job site supervisors and fellow employees.
- Physical Demands. The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by a Vacuum Truck Driver to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Constant physical effort, including standing, is required during a regular work shift of at least eight hours per day. Employee must be able to stand for extended periods of time, and to stoop, bend, and crouch as required to perform Key Duties.
- Frequently work with hands extended overhead, sometimes in conjunction with the operation of hand power tools.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds individually and up to 90 pounds with assistance.
- Manual dexterity to hand-carry generators, lumber and other construction materials, forms, power tools, and hand tools.
- Maintain constant alertness to the multiple concurrent activities of the construction site, including the activities of other employees and contractors, the operation of stationary equipment, and the movement of mobile equipment.
- Frequently walk on uneven surfaces, including natural ground in varying weather conditions.
- Capable of safely and productively operating a man-lift.
- The Operator must be able to climb on and off heavy mobile equipment safely.
- Work Environment. The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that a Vacuum Truck Driver encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Work environment periodically exposes the employees to high levels of noise, grease, and dust that is typically associated with a construction project.
- Employee regularly works near heavy equipment and moving machinery.
- Work may involve a variety of substances commonly found on construction sites or equipment shop such as form oil, grease, curing compounds, gasoline, diesel fuel and asphalt.
- Medical & Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Term Life
- Long Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Paid Vacation & Holiday Pay
- 401(k) Plan
- Additional Benefits including wellness coaching, etc.
We promote a Drug-Free Workplace.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability are encouraged to apply.
Blythe Construction, Inc. – Hubbard Construction Company – Northeast Paving – Sunmount Paving – Virginia Paving Company, are hereby referred to as Eurovia USAAccessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact Human Resources at*Blythe Construction, Inc.: Phone: 704-375-8474Hubbard Construction Company*: Phone: 407-645-5500*Eurovia Atlantic Coast, LLC*:Phone: 704-375-8474
Eurovia USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Eurovia USA is committed to providing a fair and equal employment opportunity workplace. All hiring and promotional decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status that is protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic – Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English