Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Rockland, ME 04841
771 Main Street
P.O. Box 449
Rockland, ME 04841
Director of Business Development
Job Purpose / Summary:
To review, process, and complete customer Request for Quotes (RFQs) as coordinated by Project Management/Sales team. Maintain strong knowledge of current material and subcontractor costs. Continuously develop and maintain a robust and cost competitive supply chain. This job exists to ensure all quotations are consistent, expedite the quoting process, and to ensure Project Managers are able to effectively manage all projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interact with customers to provide timely quotations, including gathering all required information
- Develop quotation for customer including bill of materials, labor costs, lead times, and lists of exceptions where applicable
- Coordinate anticipated delivery lead times with Production Supervisor and Project Managers
Interact with Engineering and QC departments to verify design requirements
Continuously improve the process for accuracy and turnaround time on all outgoing quotations
Maintains up-to-date knowledge of quoting success and estimated versus actual hours on projects
Develop and maintain effective turnover of projects and requirements to Project Managers upon receipt of purchase orders.
Estimator will work closely with Director of Business Development to understand customer needs and project needs based upon understanding of the current market
- Excellent math skills
- Engineering or technical background
- Communication skills
- Computer literacy
Knowledge of ASME pressure vessel code requirements is a bonus
- Knowledge of tank components and metal fabrication is a bonus
Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects & deadline
- Ability to comprehend customer and internal drawings
Basic CAD knowledge is a bonus
General Working Conditions:
- Occasional evening and weekend work required.
- Primarily office / desk work, but is occasionally required to work on the shop floor interfacing with production personnel
- Travel may be required to meet with customers
File: SP-HR-JD-001 Rev 02