Software Development Engineer in Test I
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland, ME 04103
Transforming the future of healthcare isn’t something we take lightly. It takes teams of the best and the brightest, working together to make an impact.
As one of the largest healthcare technology companies in the U.S., we are a catalyst to accelerate the journey toward improved lives and healthier communities.Here at Change Healthcare, we’re using our influence to drive positive changes across the industry, and we want motivated and passionate people like you to help us continue to bring new and innovative ideas to life.If you’re ready to embrace your passion and do what you love with a company that’s committed to supporting your future, then you belong at Change Healthcare.
Pursue purpose. Champion innovation. Earn trust. Be agile. Include all.
Empower Your Future. Make a Difference.
Software Development Engineer in Test 1
Overview of Position
This SDET position supports the development of Relay Health Exchange solution. This position was included in the funding for Medical Network – FY21 General Enhancements CAR approved on 3/23. It supports revenue opportunity through the development and maintenance of functional test frameworks that validate the integrity of our deployed solutions to customers. Upskilling this position to SDET from QE will accelerate automation development to support cost and time savings.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Participates in or conducts semi-routine technical analyses to design and implement test software (unit test/automation) for software applications or software test tools that achieve desired functionality for a few products / systems / software applications.
- Executes semi-routine software engineering / technical assignments that involve general analysis / programming / evaluation / white box testing. Analyze code changes to developing test strategy.
- Able to develop solutions that meet customer needs when provided clear business requirements and technical design guidelines from an architect or more senior engineer.
- Software developed or supported typically impacts some portions of products / projects / processes.
- Decisions and actions may influence the work of other team members and a few processes or a few customer outcomes.
- Develops or participates in the development of software engineering / technical solutions that meet established product specifications and functionality.
- Infrequently participates in software project estimates
- May support the selection of software engineering / technical design solutions for assigned products or aspects of assigned products.
- Solves or participates in the solution of assigned software engineering / technical problems using traditional engineering approaches.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Experience working in Agile environments.
- Hands on experience with Java, unit/regression/automation testing.
- Has academic to moderate experience in software programming,
one or more technologies and/or one or more product lines.
- Supports resolving semi-routine tests / tools design / development and white box testing.
- Typically isassigned to debug and write test automation code for most aspects of a product /
part or major sub-components. Analyze semi-routine code changes for developing test strategy.
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Web Services/APIs
- Automated Integration Testing
- NoSQL, SQL databases
- Customer-focused software applications development
- White box testing
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
General office demands
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com “Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation” as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdfto view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Change Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment at Change Healthcare is based upon your individual merit and qualifications. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, protected veteran status or disability, genetic characteristic, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We will also make all reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.