Senior Policy Administrator
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
South Portland, ME 04106
You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You’ll work with dynamic colleagues – experts in their fields – who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you’ll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients – who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
The Senior Policy Administrator is responsible for timely transactions and data integrity of underwriting information in the Administrative System. Provides ongoing maintenance of all policy plan design information for each policyholder in the Administrative System, including adding new cases and correcting existing ones. This position serves as the subject matter expert, offering technical expertise by answering questions, resolving issues, and providing training when necessary for Policy Administrators.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for Policy Administrators, answering questions, assisting with resolving issues and handling more complex tasks
- Complete upfront review process for complex sold cases using documented procedures, consulting with Underwriting and Management when appropriate
- Accurately load sold cases and plan changes on the system within specific timeframes.
- Ensure accurate analysis and policy plan design coding of all cases on the system.
- Re-rate or run accurate final rate calculation on cases from clients within specified limits.
- Research any necessary items for Claims and Underwriting with knowledge of all downstream impacts.
- Perform quality review check of applications, contract plan designs and rating systems when setting up new cases.
- Work product supports any necessary metrics in place within the department and meets departmental goals.
- Accurately track workflow processes, including sold case, amendments and terminations.
- Complete tasks in a self-sufficient manner, maintaining satisfactory productivity and accuracy levels.
- Act as a primary contact on a client assignment.
- Provide mentoring to Policy Administrators, offering guidance, sharing expertise, and conducting one-on-one training when necessary.
- Provide ongoing and timely feedback to the Manager regarding quality and data integrity.
- Assist in developing Policy Services manual, guidelines and job aides, ensuring the accuracy of information provided.
- Participate in special departmental projects as assigned.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum 1 year insurance industry experience required, with a background in compliance, underwriting support and/or policy issuance
- 2 years in Policy Administrator or similar role preferred
- 2 years insurance industry experience preferred; preferably with a background in compliance, underwriting support and/or policy issuance
- Knowledge of disability and life insurance contract language provisions preferred
- Prior mentoring experience preferred
- Knowledge of contract language and provisions required
- Good computer skills; proficient in a PC environment, with basic skills in Excel, Word and e-mail systems
- Ability to initiate and prioritize regular work duties and small projects
- Ability to multitask, be detail oriented, organized and exercise good time management skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good analytical skills, with the ability to effectively problem solve and implement solutions
- Customer service focused, following up on requests and implementing changes when needed
- Ability to work professionally and effectively with co-workers, clients, claimants, vendors and others with whom DRMS does business
It is the policy of SLF U.S. that we will recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles, and ensure that all other personnel actions are administered, without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sex (including but not limited to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, or other legally protected status, and we will ensure that all employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For applicants residing in California, please read our employee .
Customer Service / Operations
Posting End Date:
Sun Life Financial is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or citizenship status, genetic information, pregnancy status or any other characteristic protected by law. Sun Life Financial is committed to building a diverse and inclusive company culture.
Sun Life Financial is a leading provider of group insurance benefits in the U.S., helping people protect what they love about their lives. More than just a name, Sun Life symbolizes our brand promise of making life brighter – for our customers, partners, and communities. Join our talented, diverse workforce and launch a rewarding career. Visit us at www.sunlife.com/us to learn more.