Data Analyst, Value Based Payment
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland, ME 04103
Transforming the future of healthcare isn’t something we take lightly. It takes teams of the best and the brightest, working together to make an impact.
As one of the largest healthcare technology companies in the U.S., we are a catalyst to accelerate the journey toward improved lives and healthier communities.Here at Change Healthcare, we’re using our influence to drive positive changes across the industry, and we want motivated and passionate people like you to help us continue to bring new and innovative ideas to life.If you’re ready to embrace your passion and do what you love with a company that’s committed to supporting your future, then you belong at Change Healthcare.
Pursue purpose. Champion innovation. Earn trust. Be agile. Include all.
Empower Your Future. Make a Difference.
The Data Analyst, Value Based Payments (VBP) will design and execute analyses using a variety of data sources, including health care and pharmacy claims. With guidance from the Vice President, Value Based Payment Analytics, the Data Analyst will work with product development and implementation teams to ensure our VBP platform delivers the necessary insights to our clients. Projects range from quick, time-sensitive queries to longer term studies that become part of VBP roadmap. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to influence the development of cutting edge product in the rapidly growing VBP market.
- Interrogate a variety of data sources to identify patterns in data
- Identify unanticipated trends/patterns in the data
- Communicate suggestions for continuous improvements in data quality
- Evaluate historical data to understand the impact of historical / proposed changes to Value Based Programs
- Create insights into, and metrics for client Value Based Programs work with Product Development team to implement findings into Value Based Payment (HealthQX) product
- Clearly document and present findings from analysis projects, including data quality, methodology, results and implications for clients.
- 3-5 years of experience in designing, building, and implementing business solutions using information technology.
- Proven, significant experience in business analysis, requirements definition and deployment of business requirements to information systems.
- Sound written and interpersonal communication skills, ability to translate complex methodology to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- 2 or more years of experience working in Health Care, Data Analytics, or Information Management
- Excellent SQL skills, including report formatting and presentation
- Health Care Claims Data experience working with or exposure to claims data
Additional Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to collect, manage, analyze and interpret quantitative data
- Self-sufficient with regard to standard computer desktop tools and general office software knowledge; additional computer skills/tools a plus
- Independent worker: courage, decision quality, listening, drive for results, customer and client focus, integrity and ability to deal with ambiguity
- Demonstrated ability to independently learn new technical skills (e.g., advanced Excel, SQL, R)
- Must be able to manage and prioritize multiple projects at one time
- Comfortable in a growing department that is still evolving its methods, priorities and resources
Desired Personal Characteristics:
- Inquisitive, problem-solving in nature
- Data-driven, detail-oriented and fact-based
- Hands-on, action-oriented style
- Proven ability to roll up your sleeves and contribute quickly
- A team player capable of working effectively with individuals throughout the organization
Education / Training:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a field such as: Information Management, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science, Mathematics or related field preferred.
- 4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
- Environment – Office environment, up to 10% travel required.
- Physical Requirements – Sitting, standing, walking, and using keyboard.
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org “Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation” as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdfto view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Change Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment at Change Healthcare is based upon your individual merit and qualifications. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, protected veteran status or disability, genetic characteristic, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We will also make all reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.