Lineworker 1/C (T&D) - 596427201
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland, ME 04101
POSITION – Union: Lineworker 2/C, 1/C (T&D) Acceptable – Portland, ME (12834, 12835, 12836)
NUMBER OF OPEN POSITIONS: 3
LOCATION: CMP-ME-Portland Serv Building
- Safely performs all types of line work including climbing poles, installing and maintaining cross arms, pins, insulators, wire and cable, transformers, cutouts, lightning arrestors and related equipment.
- Works on energized lines and equipment in accordance with Company regulations.
- Assumes the responsibility of emergency duty with a minimum of supervision and assists in the training and direction of employees of lower classification. Shares the standby requirements of the area.
- Prepares and keeps such records as may be necessary and performs other appropriate work as may be assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Requirements
- Must have qualifications of Line Worker 2/C or 1/C.
- Must have a valid Class A driver’s license unless you were a Lineworker with a Class B driver’s license prior to 7/1/2009, and a good record of safe driving.
- Is subject to the Company random drug and alcohol testing policy.
- Must reside within an acceptable distance (45 minutes) from their regular reporting location or be willing to relocate within nine months of transfer and be available for emergency assignments.
- Must practice Company safety policies and procedures.
- Must be capable of performing all the essential functions of the classification.
- Must successfully complete ongoing annual skill assessments.
- Develop Self & Others
- Empower to grow
- Collaborate and Share
- Be a role model
- Focus to achieve results
- Be agile
No Visa sponsorship and relocation offered for this position.
AVANGRID employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties.
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or email@example.com
Nearest Major Market: Portland Maine