Senior Loan Servicing Representative
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Lewiston, ME 04240
POSITION SUMMARY: Controls and monitors the payment and maintenance of all escrow items while providing support to the branch network in the administration of such accounts. Responsible for understanding and complying with regulatory requirements for maintaining escrow accounts. Evaluates loans and performs escrow analysis both when requested and annually to ensure all escrowed loans maintain adequate balances. Reviews regulatory documents dealing with insurance and tax monitoring to ensure completeness and legal compliance. Responsible for Monthly reporting to Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae. Additionally, cross trains with other functions within the Servicing Department to provide backup and support.
• Process transactions and escrow disbursements
• Performs escrow account maintenance
• Identify and assess risks and controls regarding escrow accounts, to minimize the risk and ensure controls are adequate
• Ensure initial escrow analysis is provided to customers within required timeframe
• Act as primary liaison between Bank and Insurance/Real Estate Tax vendors on daily or weekly basis
• Reports escrow delinquency information in a timely and accurate manner
• Maintain accounting and placement of forced placed insurance (transactions and account maintenance)
• Reports Monthly to Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae
• Act as a backup for editing and reviewing commercial loans
• Cross train to learn other functions within department to provide backup
• Successfully pass technical and regulatory examinations required by the Company.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Proficiency on Microsoft Word and Excel
• High degree of confidentiality required
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Knowledge of Bank operations
• Demonstrate willingness to assist others as needed
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts to such interest
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in oral or written form and retain instructions
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 5+ years of banking experience preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND CONDITIONS:
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time.
• Must be able to occasionally lift up to 25lbs.
• Consistently operates a computer and other office machinery such as calculator, copy machine and printers.
• Climate controlled general office setting with moderate noise level.
• Must express or exchange ideas and meaning with co-workers, supervisors, customers and vendors.
Northeast Bank is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national original, veteran status and any other classification protected by Law.