Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Winslow, ME 04901
The Welder is responsible for performing tasks involved in the production of bases and frames of aluminum trailers. This includes measuring, cutting, and welding of aluminum.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Reads and follows blueprints and work orders ensuring a quality product that meets customer demands.
• Welds different facets of a trailer, including but not limited to: tacking, clamping, and welding with proper bead size on bases and cages in accordance with the work order; ensures quality of welds for structural integrity.
• Obtains raw materials from Material Handlers.
• Buffs out rough edges using a hand-held power grinder.
• Notifies supervisor of any mechanical or material issues including but not limited to, defects in material, damage to the trailer, and deviations from work order.
• Ensures that finished product meets quality expectations. Strives for the highest level of quality and understands the need for continuous improvement; supports the concept of “good enough is never good enough”.
• Maintains a clean and safe work area; works to minimize scrap, places unused material back in appropriate area, and disposes of waste appropriately.
• Follows all safety procedures, wears appropriate personal protective equipment and reports any accidents or near misses to supervisor immediately.
• Performs other related duties and assignments as required.