Accounts Payable Clerk
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Bangor, ME 04401
The Accounts Payable Clerk will complete payments and control expenses by receiving, processing, and reconciling invoices.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- 3-way match of invoice, purchase orders, and delivery tickets
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Other administrative duties as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Key Duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
- Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with Managers and fellow employees.
- Excellent computer skills including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required.
- SAP experience is preferred, but not required
- 2+ years accounting experience is preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of journal entries a plus
- Ability to analyze information
- Ability to handle large volumes of work
- Understands deadlines
Physical Demands. The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an Accounts Payable Clerk to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to sit and/or stand during a regular work shift of at least eight hours per day.
- Employee is occasionally required to stoop, bend, walk, crouch, and climb.
- Ability to lift at least 25 pounds and carry up to 15 pounds.
Work Environment. The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that an Accounts Payable Clerk encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is performed predominately indoors in an office setting, and occasionally outdoors (construction and asphalt sites).
- Medical & Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Term Life
- Long Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Paid Vacation & Holiday Pay
- 401(k) Plan
- Additional Benefits including wellness coaching, etc..
We promote a Drug-Free Workplace.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability are encouraged to apply.
Blythe Construction, Inc. – Hubbard Construction Company – Northeast Paving – Sunmount Paving – Virginia Paving Company, are hereby referred to as Eurovia USAAccessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact Human Resources at*Blythe Construction, Inc.: Phone: 704-375-8474Hubbard Construction Company*: Phone: 407-645-5500*Eurovia Atlantic Coast, LLC*:Phone: 704-375-8474
Eurovia USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Eurovia USA is committed to providing a fair and equal employment opportunity workplace. All hiring and promotional decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status that is protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic – Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English