Cable / Satellite Technician (Fixed Wireless) - Portland, ME
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland, ME 04104
Goodman Networks is seeking motivated individuals to install and service DirecTV satellite systems residentially. This is a challenging and rewarding job working with the latest technology and providing excellent customer service. We offer paid training, steady work, and real opportunities for advancement. We prefer previous experience in Home Satellite System / Cable / Telephone Installation, but do provide paid training for those who have not installed before.
Company vehicles provided! Seeking a challenging position that rewards hard work and quality service? Wanting to have opportunity to make money based on your performance and motivation to succeed? If so, Goodman Networks Field Services has the opportunity for you!
- Work independently and responsible for the installation of DirecTV systems in residences and businesses
- Provide technology service and support to all of our customers
- Ensuring customer satisfaction at the highest level
- Determining the best location for customer satellites
- Making sure the customer is comfortable with all aspects of running the system by providing thorough explanations
- Running cables and hooking up receivers
- Stocking vehicle with necessary equipment on a weekly basis
- Continuing to learn about new technology
Goodman Networks considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
- At least 18 years of age and legally able to work in the United States
- Possess high school diploma or GED
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Working knowledge of hand tools and power tools
- Basic computer skills and comfortable operating electronic devices
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Available for a flexible work schedule (weekends / holidays / evenings)
- Be able to lift up to 80 lbs. on a regular basis
- Be comfortable climbing up to heights of 40 feet
- Be able to work safely from a ladder rated for a maximum working load of 300lbs including all tools and equipment
- Be comfortable working in crawlspaces and attics
- Comfortable working outdoors in all types of weather throughout the year
- Company vehicle will be provided after training
- Completely paid training and certification program
- Biweekly pay at or above industry standard
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and short-term disability insurance
- Paid employee referrals
- Health Advocate service
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Leadership and Service Excellence training opportunities
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Company perks: Discounted DIRECTV programming, NFL Sunday Ticket and NASCAR HotPass for those who qualify
- Additional income can also be earned by referring customers to additional products offered by Goodman Networks Field Services.
Apply by emailing your resume TalentAcquisition@goodmannetworks.com
Title: Cable / Satellite Technician (Fixed Wireless) – Portland, ME
Requisition ID: 20001434