Early Childhood Assistant Teacher - Portland, Main
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland, ME 04101
Early Childhood Assistant Teacher – Portland, Maine
87 High Street
EARLY CHILDHOOD ASSISTANT TEACHER – FULL TIMESIGN ON BONUS FOR NEW HIRES!!
Are you passionate about play? Do you celebrate diversity and recognize every child as a unique individual who is deserving of love and respect? Are you committed to creating a classroom experience that is developmentally appropriate, nurturing and safe?
If the responsibility of instilling a lifelong love of learning excites you, then we encourage you to apply for our Full-Time Early Childhood Assistant Teacher position at St. Elizabeth’s Child Development Center.
At Catholic Charities we recognize and value the role our teaching professionals have played in our nearly 50-year history of providing holistic, child-centered care. Our nationally accredited Centers rely on the success of our teachers and we are committed to having the supports in place so they can achieve their professional goals.
In addition to a collaborative, mission-driven work environment where our core values of Respect, Integrity, Compassion, Hospitality, Excellence and Stewardship (our RICHES) are celebrated and wholeheartedly shared, we offer an attractive benefits package, including:
- New hires will receive a $250.00 sign on bonus, an additional $250.00 after a satisfactory performance rating after 6 months employment, and an additional $500.00 after a satisfactory performance rating after 1 year of employment
- A choice of two comprehensive health plans
- A dental plan with no waiting period to access all levels of care
- A generous paid time plan to use for personal, sick and vacation time (employees start to accrue time immediately)
- 50% Discounted child care rates for employee’s children (exclusive to Private Pay)
- Basic life insurance as well as 100% of the premium paid for short- and long-term disability coverage
- 401(k) retirement plan. Employer match after one year of eligible employment
- The Early Childhood Assistant Teacher shall have a minimum of a Child Development Associate (CDA) or equivalent. A 2 year degree is preferred.
- One (1) year of experience in the early childhood field
- Must be willing to maintain CPR and First Aide Certification
You may submit your cover letter and resume (indicating the position title) via our website (www.ccmaine.org) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (207-523-2789), or mail to Human Resources Office, Catholic Charities Maine P.O. Box 10660, Portland, ME 04104.
Catholic Charities Maine is a United Way and EOE/Minorities/Females/Veteran/Disabled Employer. Catholic Charities Maine participates in E-Verify. For more information on E-Verify, please go to:
Child Care Teacher and/or Substitute – Preschool Teacher and/or Substitute – After School Care Teacher – and/or Substitute – Early Child Care Teacher and/or Substitute – Early Care and Education Teacher and/or Substitute – Day Care Teacher and/or Substitute – Early Child Education Teacher and/or Substitute – Early Childhood Education Teacher and/or Substitute
Catholic Charities Maine does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, physical or mental disability, ancestry or national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other legally protected status in its hiring or employment practices.