Sr Design Engineer, Elec
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Saco, ME 04072
Sr Design Engineer, Elec
GD-OTS is the leading manufacturer of weapons systems used by every branch of the military on helicopters, airplanes, and battleships. GD-OTS specializes in the design of Gatling gun systems, turreted systems, electro-optical fire controls, and several other distinguished product lines. This position will have hands on experience with supporting programs that directly support the US warfighter. Major responsibilities of this role are the electrical aspects of designing, procurement, testing, and maintainability of weapon systems. This role is focused on bringing legacy designs to the modern era.
This role will require working under limited supervision with a tightknit program team to provide design concepts, perform detail design from product inception through final delivery, support test, and quickly respond to any type of issue. The role will require an engineer of many hats that works on a broad range of programs with a variety of applications.
This job may require periodic travel to sister GD-OTS facilities and suppliers across the United States.
Major Position Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Develop product improvements to bring new technology and capabilities to legacy products
- Production engineering support activities including real time troubleshooting and problem resolution, incorporating formal root cause analysis and corrective action
- Develop test equipment and test procedures
- Generate definition of performance requirements for electrical systems
- Verification of designs using modeling, simulation, analysis, and test
- Generate documentation including formal reports, drawings, specifications
- Broad knowledge of electrical applications
- Modernizing legacy analog and digital designs
- System integration and test in a production environment
- Rigorous adherence to a production process including configuration management and counterfeit avoidance
- Derivation and documentation of subsystem requirements
- Designing military systems that comply with standards and specifications
- This position requires a BSEE minimum
- Solid working knowledge in electrical and electronic design and development experience – ideally in power supplies, analog circuits, printed circuit boards, and test equipment.
- Experience using scripting languages such as MATLAB or LabVIEW.
- Hands-on experience using computer aided engineering tools to support schematic design and PCB design, such as ORCAD, Mentor, or Cadence.
- Prefer candidates with experience in MIL-STD design, development, and documentation.
- Experience in software development using languages such as C and PERL a plus.
Desired: Four or more years of relevant experience
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled