Director, Client Management - DRMS - Group Insuran
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
South Portland, ME 04106
You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You’ll work with dynamic colleagues – experts in their fields – who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you’ll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients – who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
Act as a business manager for several complex DRMS customers, with multiple products, and as the liaison between clients’ management contacts and DRMS. The Director of Client Management is responsible for the profitability and sales goals for their assigned customers, through the implementation of client strategic plans in conjunction with the functional areas. Additionally, they will be responsible for building and maintaining high level relationships, overall client satisfaction and the facilitation of company resources to ensure timely response to clients’ needs. Key measurement areas include: client persistency, profitability, persistency of client blocks, sales growth, earned premium growth and client service satisfaction.
- The essential functions and responsibilities of this job position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop client specific strategic plans. Assist assigned clients with profit and customer retention strategies, by utilizing market analysis, training sales reps and participating in product development and marketing.
- Provide leadership and subject matter expertise to Assigned Clients to ensure successful implementation
- Develop sales plans and strategies for achieving client sales goals
- Coordinate client team efforts to target additional action steps to achieve targets for profit, expense management, and overall customer goals
- Accountable for hitting the profitability goals and DRMS targets.
- Responsible for daily customer satisfaction through a close working relationship with assigned clients’ senior management. Act as the clients’ advocate with internal functional areas. Resolve any escalated issues.
- Identify areas where performance standards are not being met and work with cross-functional areas to meet or exceed expectations and achieve client persistency
- Provide clients with marketplace information on a regular basis (competitive information, surveys, sales tips)
- Responsible for the delivery and communication of quarterly block results
- Responsible for compliance and execution of treaty and service contracts
- Assist the functional areas with client communication, education and training
- Evaluate issues at a strategic level and directing the associated tactical action
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- 5-7 years of account management or equivalent experience in the Group Insurance Space
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage several complex clients with multiple products simultaneously
- Significate industry knowledge
- Experience engaging with distribution networks
- In-depth understanding of the various aspects of Group Insurance organizations
- Ability to function independently with only general guidance
- Ability to read and understand Group Disability contracts
- Mastery of group insurance products
- Superior critical thinking, problem solving, analytical, and decision-making skills; ability to plan and strategize
- Ability to initiate and prioritize regular work duties and projects; excellent project and time management skills
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal); persuasion and negotiation skills; tact
- Superior customer service skills
- Superior conflict management skills
- Ability to lead and facilitate meetings in an organized and professional manner; small and large group presentation skills with proficiency in training and education
- Strong computer skills; proficient in a PC environment; proficient with MS Word, email systems, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work professionally and effectively with co-workers, clients, claimants, vendors and others with whom DRMS does business
Equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination policy
It is the policy of SLF U.S. that we will recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles, and ensure that all other personnel actions are administered, without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sex (including but not limited to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, or other legally protected status, and we will ensure that all employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For applicants residing in California, please read our employee .
Sales – Client Relationship Management
Posting End Date:
Sun Life Financial is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or citizenship status, genetic information, pregnancy status or any other characteristic protected by law. Sun Life Financial is committed to building a diverse and inclusive company culture.
Sun Life Financial is a leading provider of group insurance benefits in the U.S., helping people protect what they love about their lives. More than just a name, Sun Life symbolizes our brand promise of making life brighter – for our customers, partners, and communities. Join our talented, diverse workforce and launch a rewarding career. Visit us at www.sunlife.com/us to learn more.