Aide-Certified Residential Med (Part Time)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Camden, ME 04843
NEW* highly competetive wages with increased shift differentials!**
Windward Gardens, a Genesis Healthcare Center, is looking to add a part time, evening, CRMA to our team!
The ideal candidate will hold a current CRMA certification along with a PSS or an active/expired CNA.
Apply today to see what we have to offer!
POSITION SUMMARY: Administers medicines based on current regulations specific to the state of Maine and supports assisted living residents in their activities of daily living. Also provides care that meets the physical and psychosocial needs of residents assigned.
1. Administers and documents non injectable medications in a safe, proper and accurate manner, according to duly authorized, licensed practitioner’s written orders.
2. Administers nebulized medications, bee sting kits and injectable insulin with additional documented training by a Registered Nurse.
3. Utilizes recognized resources as needed to support safe and knowledgeable medication administration practices.
4. Stores, administers and/or destroys non injectable controlled substances according to the assisted living regulations of the state of Maine
5. Monitors the effects of medications and reports untoward responses according to facility policy.
6. Reports signs and symptoms that may require changes in medication to the physician.
7. Notifies the the duly authorized licensed practitioner within twenty-four (24) hours when such a prn psychotropic medication has been administered, unless otherwise instructed in writing by the duly authorized licensed practitioner.
8. Monitors and documents vital signs as required per medication standards and/or as ordered by the physician.
9. Obtains, documents, and report weights.
10. Completes documentation for medication records and residents’ medical records.
11. Maintains confidentiality.
12. Maintains cleanliness and order.
13. Assists the licensed nurses and other staff as needed.
14. Obtains nurse coordination, oversight, and training as needed.
15. Transcribes physicians’ orders accurately.
16. Orders and maintains an ample supply of medications so that there is an adequate supply available at all times.
17. Stores medications according to established standards.
18. Completes monthly medication recapitulation according to policy.
19. Prepares incident reports relating to medication errors.
20. Destroys discontinued and expired medications in accordance with regulations and policy.
21. Practices quality assurance procedures.
22. Provides assistance to the resident as needed with activities of daily living.
23. Assists residents with laundry, folding and storage.
24. Responds to residents’ needs for emergency care in accordance with policies and procedures.
25. Prepares incident reports.
26. Assists with and participates in activities programs.
27. Is aware and knowledgeable of Resident Rights.
28. Maintains resident confidentiality.
29. Utilizes correct infection control practices during the course of duty.
30. Performs other duties as required.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:1. A Certified Residential Medication Aide has passed the state approved certification course in Maine and maintains current credentials, based on state re-certification guidelines.2. The CRMA must obtain education in the form of an 8-hour CRMA recertification prior to or within 30 days of certificate expiration.3. This position requires that the employee is able to read, write, speak and understand the spoken English language to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our patients and visitors at the work site when responding to their medical and physical needs.4. Must provide verification of TST (tuberculin skin test) as required by state law and in accordance with Company policy. TSTs will be administered at the work site if required.
Position Type: Part Time
Req ID: 357042
Center Name: Windward Gardens Center
Genesis HealthCare, Inc. and all affiliated entities (collectively, “Genesis”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, actual or perceived disability, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, amnesty, military status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Genesis takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and covered veterans. These policies are fully supported by the CEO, COO and all members of the leadership team. If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact (877)456-6726. This phone number is for ADA related accommodation requests only, not for routine employment inquiries.