Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Bar Harbor, ME 04609
US-ME-Bar Harbor | US-CA-Sacramento
Marketing, Customer Support and Business Development
The JAX Business Unit is seeking a Product Manager/Senior Product Manager to work in this fast paced and dynamic environment. They are responsible for managing and improving quality of products, processes and services to ensure top and bottom-line growth and achievement of financial goals. Major areas of oversight include sales and market analysis, revenue forecasting, pricing, new products and service development, defining business strategy, performance metrics, product and service quality, customer satisfaction, and ensuring an enhanced experience for customers. Additionally the position is required to analyze sales data, operational metrics and monitor competitive business environment to develop new sales initiatives, create revenue projections, make pricing changes and evaluate discount programs. This individual will possess and continually seek in-depth understanding of the market by working closely with customers and customer facing staff.
This position can be located in Bar Harbor, ME or Sacramento, CA and could be remote with travel to onsite locations.
Achieve financial metrics of revenue growth, gross margin and net surplus contribution by leading continuous process improvement of marketing, sales, project management and operational practices to ensure an enhanced customer experience.
- Meet with customers, initiate market research studies, travel with field based staff, analyze sales data, analyze operational metrics and monitor competitive business environment to develop new sales initiatives, create revenue projections, make pricing changes and create management reports.
- Build strong relationships with strategic customers. Attend customer business review meetings, prepare and present responses to RFPs, negotiate and set prices and prepare large customer proposals
- Detailed, fact-based reports, including executive level summaries of key takeaways of market trends as related to new product planning, market plans, competitive positioning and other business environment changes.
- Capture and curate data from multiple internal and external sources and execute hypothesis-driven investigations to identify actionable insights (e.g. cluster analysis, customer segmentation, and trend reports). Work closely with IT to develop and maintain databases and analytic applications.
- Bachelor’s degree with preference in Life Science or Engineering. Laboratory or research experience and understanding of genetics.
- Minimum three years’ experience as a Product Manager or related business environment position with documented proficiency in key competencies associated with assigned area. Experience in mouse-based research market preferred. Experience in the biomedical research marketplace preferred. Two to three years in a customer facing position preferred. Certification in a quality management program (e.g. Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing) preferred.
- Demonstrated successful experience in formulating, implementing, evaluating, and communicating complex plans and programs and creative problem-solving as needed to launch and support products and services.
- Hands-on experience with data analysis software (Excel, SPSS, SAS, R, etc.). Proficiency with standard business software tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Proficient leadership skills as would normally be acquired through three years of lead or supervisory experience.
- Advanced analytical skills and market knowledge sufficient to allow incumbent to synthesize new products and services from existing resources applied in novel ways.
- Travel is required.
Please submit a cover letter of interest and resume!
The Jackson Laboratory (JAX) is an independent, nonprofit biomedical research institution with more than 2,300 employees. Headquartered in Bar Harbor, Maine, it has a National Cancer Institute-designated Cancer Center in Augusta, Maine, a genomic medicine institute in Farmington, Connecticut, and facilities in Ellsworth, Maine, Sacramento, California, and Shanghai, China. Its mission is to discover precise genomic solutions for disease and empower the global biomedical community in the shared quest to improve human health.
The Jackson Laboratory’s 43-acre scenic Bar Harbor campus is nestled between the Gulf of Maine and the mountains of Acadia National Park. Some of the best hiking and biking in the world (over 50 square miles of mountains, lakes, views, and dramatic coastline) is accessible from our campus. We are one mile from downtown Bar Harbor, which offers a vibrant downtown district with a plethora of restaurants, shops, museums, and galleries.
JAX employees work in a collaborative, value-driven, and team-based environment where the focus is on advancing science and improving patients’ lives. Researchers apply genetics to increase the understanding of human disease and advance treatments and cures for cancer, neurological and immune disorders, diabetes, aging, and heart disease. JAX was voted among the top 15 “Best Places to Work in Academia” in the United States in a poll conducted by The Scientist magazine!
INTEGRITY – Courage and commitment to do what is right
PEOPLE – Inspiring our people to enhance the health of all
ONE TEAM – Unified by our promise to transform medicine and science
EXCELLENCE – Achieving world-class results
INNOVATION – Leading with discovery and creative solutions
STEWARDSHIP – Caring for and enhancing the resources entrusted to us
What do we have to offer?
JAX offers a dynamic and supportive work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, including a medical plan, outstanding retirement plan, generous paid time off, and tuition reimbursement including an MBA program. Our campus offers a fitness center with an award-winning wellness program, an onsite full service cafeteria, and a fully operational primary care facility available to employees and their families.
Most importantly, every position contributes to JAX’s mission of discovering precise genomic solutions for human disease and empowering the global biomedical community in our shared quest to improve human health.
Employment will require successful completion of references, background check, drug test and an appropriate non-compete agreement.
The Jackson Laboratory provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, national origin, veteran status, and other classifications protected by applicable state and local non-discrimination laws.
Learn more about career opportunities at JAX: http://www.jax.org/careers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.