Full-time Produce Lead - Hannaford
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Falmouth, ME 04105
Full-time Produce Lead – Hannaford
Full/Part Time Status
65 Gray Road
Job Title: Produce Lead
Essential Job Functions:
1. Role model outstanding, friendly customer service and use skills and knowledge to offer solutions that meet or exceed customer’s expectations.
2. Supervise performance of all duties and responsibilities of all produce associates as/when assigned by management.
3. Use good judgment in the delegation, assignment and follow-up required for the efficient performance in the department.
4. Greet and assist customers with locating and selecting products.
5. Perform assigned stocking, culling, and rotation procedures in accordance with established guidelines.
6. Prepare (trim, crisp, package, scale, etc.) all products according to established standards and quality goals.
7. Maintain accurate, neat records of production, shrink, sales and inventory.
8. Receive produce delivery, rotate and put in appropriate storage area.
9. Perform all assigned cleaning functions in accordance with company policy.
10. Adhere to highest product quality standards to support our department strategy.
11. Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. In the absence of the department manager and the assistant department manager, lead the department operations in accordance with established department standard practices.
2. Comply with all company policies procedures and government regulations.
3. Utilize retail store systems that support job functions which include but not limited to: Management Planning, Scheduling, CAO and RF Unit.
4. Treat all co-workers with fairness, dignity, and respect.
5. Meet or exceed all applicable Management Planning guidelines.
6. Develop produce product knowledge.
7. Assist in training other associates when assigned.
8. Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times; comply with company personal appearance policy.
9. Maintain solid communication in the department and throughout the organization.
10. Support company safety standards. Communicate any needed equipment repairs or maintenance work needed. Keep work area free from debris and safety hazards.
11. Observe and maintain company sanitation and food safety standards.
12. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Ability to lead and direct others. Retail Produce experience preferred. Effective communication, customer service, and selling skills. Effective interpersonal skills and desire to work in a team environment. Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job. Must meet minimum age requirements to comply with company policy.
1. Ability to use computers and other communication systems required to perform the job functions.
2. Lift up to 50 lb. at least 80% of the time and 75 lb. on occasion.
3. Reach to shoulder level or above on occasion while lifting 30 lbs.
4. Stand and walk 100% of the time.
5. Meet established volume activity standards for the department.
6. Frequent bending, reaching, grasping, and lifting produce items at or above waist level.
7. Use hands to feel objects; use tools to open boxes/cases or to prepare and clean produce.
8. Be able to handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning materials, packaging materials, and food products.
9. Tolerate working in cold temperatures for up to 20 minutes at a time.