Director, Business Consulting
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland, ME 04103
Transforming the future of healthcare isn’t something we take lightly. It takes teams of the best and the brightest, working together to make an impact.
As one of the largest healthcare technology companies in the U.S., we are a catalyst to accelerate the journey toward improved lives and healthier communities.Here at Change Healthcare, we’re using our influence to drive positive changes across the industry, and we want motivated and passionate people like you to help us continue to bring new and innovative ideas to life.If you’re ready to embrace your passion and do what you love with a company that’s committed to supporting your future, then you belong at Change Healthcare.
Pursue purpose. Champion innovation. Earn trust. Be agile. Include all.
Empower Your Future. Make a Difference.
Director Business Consulting
Overview of Position
The Director, Business Consulting will partner with Payment Accuracy Sales Executives to support the development of sales opportunities for Payment Accuracy Solutions across the payer market. As such, this role is primarily responsible for driving the solution design for customers and prospects evaluating Payment Accuracy solutions. The Director, Business Consulting will do this by engaging in consultative discussions with clients and prospects to align solution capabilities with their business and technical needs. This resource will need to have a detailed understanding of the solutions and be able to discuss all aspects of the solution with our customers and prospects. Part of the two-way communications with clients and prospects includes bringing feedback to the product teams for refinement of the strategy and development of new capabilities. Additionally, the Director, Business Consulting will serve as a subject matter expert in support of Requests for Information, Requests for Proposals, and Development of Marketing and Sales tools. This resource will also work with Change Healthcare Sales Executives, Account Managers, and Product Managers to engage clients and prospects in both formal and informal meetings to gain feedback and assisting in gaining interest in new solutions as well as develop new opportunities to contract
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Client Engagement/Sales Support. Partner with Sales and Account Management to develop relationships that span a wide variety of areas within a health plan to discover and develop sales opportunities for clients and prospects to leverage Payment Accuracy solutions. Identify opportunities where solutions can be leveraged to support or enhance their Payment Integrity programs. Activities should leverage the Solution Design Sales Toolkit and include facilitation of discovery conversations, tailoring solution presentations, and providing solution demonstrations. Additionally, partner with Solution Design Technical Consultant to provide technical overviews and facilitate discussions with customers/prospects IT teams
- Solution Design. Partner with Analytics to gather and run data in order to complete a Savings Opportunity Analysis. Review the SOA results with the customers/prospects and facilitate a detailed vetting process to define the scope of the solution and implementation roadmap and assist customers/prospects with a business case for the solution. Leverage the vetting process results and prescriptive implementation approaches to develop the Solution Design. Additionally, partner with a Technical Solution Design Consultant to develop the Technical Solution Design for the solution. Review Business and Technical Solution Design with Service Contracting and the Services Director for accurate pricing and scope of work development. Finally, prepare the sales to services transition materials and facilitate transition meeting immediately upon contract execution. These activities will also leverage the Solution Design Sales Toolkit
- Subject Matter Expertise-Provide industry and solution expertise in support of Requests for Information, Requests for Proposal, and Development of sales and marketing tools. Additionally, the Director, Business Consulting will represent Change Healthcare through participation in conferences and events
- Solution Development and Enhancement. Bring market knowledge and feedback gathered through sales and consulting activities back to Product Management to provide solution enhancements and inform the organization
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 5+ years of experience with implementing, supporting, and/or selling Payment Accuracy/Payment Integrity solutions required
- Payment Accuracy/Payment Integrity Solution experience/knowledge preferred
- Working industry knowledge of claims processing systems, claim coding and payment methodologies
- Sales, Consulting, or other Customer Engagement skills required
- Consulting experience within Health Plans is essential; Experience with claims processing, health plan policy, regulatory compliance, or payment innovation is a must
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Knowledge of implementation practices in the healthcare payer industry.
- Ability to build relationships and motivate cross-functional teams to achieve results in a self-empowered environment
- Exhibits an innovative, solutioning type mindset
- Payment Accuracy or Payment Integrity knowledge preferred
- Working knowledge of clinical and content rules development preferred
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) enabling effective communication both internally with all areas of the business and externally at prospect/customer staff, managerial, and executive levels.
- Must interface effectively with all levels of management as well a diverse technical team
- Ability to identify gaps in process and provide guidance towards process improvement
- Demonstrated proficiency with various software applications, including but not limited to MS Word; MS Excel; MS Access; Visio; JIRA; SharePoint with MS project a plus
- Highly collaborative, self-starter; active, problem solver and adult learner
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; be flexible and responsive to adapt to significant amounts of change
- Demonstrate the company values of Be Agile, Include All, Champion Innovation, Earn Trust, and Pursue Purpose
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
General office demands
How much should I expect to travel?
Travel up to 50% of the time
Employees in roles that require travel will need to be able to qualify for a company credit card or be able to use their own personal credit card for travel expenses and submit for reimbursement.
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment… For full info follow application link.
Change Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment at Change Healthcare is based upon your individual merit and qualifications. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, protected veteran status or disability, genetic characteristic, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We will also make all reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.