Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
South Portland, ME 04106
Speech Pathologist (20004073)
What You Will Do:
As a home health speech language pathologist, you will provide one on one therapeutic treatment and care to patients in their home using a comprehensive and patient specific care plan, innovative solutions, and a preferred technology for point of care documentation. You will have the opportunity to spend quality time with the patient, in their own home, to promote their health and independence. You will have autonomy in addition to the support and collaboration of a full team of healthcare professionals. Your primary work will include assessing and treating patients with speech, language, swallowing, cognitive and voice disorders.
- Assists the physician in assessing the patient’s level of functioning and the development (and revision, as necessary) of the Plan of Care by applying appropriate tests for speech, hearing and language disorders.
- Assesses the patient’s communication, oral-motor integrity, cognitive status, memory and problem solving activities, hearing and speech fluency and quality
- Initiates diagnostic, preventive and rehabilitative procedures as appropriate to the patient’s care and safety
- Teaches, supervises and counsels the patient and family regarding home procedures and other care needs as appropriate to the patient’s condition. Utilizes educational material as appropriate.
- Current and unencumbered license to practice speech pathology specific to that state the employee is assigned to work
- Current Certificate of Clinical Competence (in speech pathology) granted by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Current CPR certification
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation and agency required liability insurance to perform home visits
- Previous clinical experience treating adult and/or geriatric patients
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.