Registered Nurse Intern
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Bangor, ME 04401
Registered Nurse Intern (20008045)
What You Will Do
Provides, coordinates, and directs the provision of home nursing care according to physician’s orders based on care center policies and procedures, through the competent application of the nursing process under the guidance of the Care Center RN Preceptor to facilitate a successful transition into professional nursing in the Home Health setting. The LPN/LVN to RN Intern is expected to complete core training and skilled competencies within the first 90 days in role. Note: The RN Intern cannot perform Home Health Aide initial competency evaluations and the twelve hour Home Health Aide in-service requirements.
- Demonstrates competency in skills required by the care center for patient care.
- Communicates significant findings, problems, changes in condition or environment to the clinical manager/physician and other members of the health care team.
- Makes referrals to other disciplines as indicated by the patients needs or documents rationale for not doing so.
- Utilizes a combination of care center resources and rationally recognizes standards of practice to achieve positive clinical outcomes.
- Introduction and participation in clinical outcomes monitoring, follow up and care center performance improvement initiatives.
- Utilizes accepted Amedisys teaching materials in patient/family education.
- Regularly communicates patient progress to the clinical manager.
- Actively prepares and participates in Patient Care Conference.
- Protects, honors and respects patient and co-worker confidentiality and right to privacy.
- Adheres to policies and procedures.
- Maintains care center property, supplies and equipment per Amedisys policy.
- Completes OASIS assessments timely, accurately and according to OASIS user’s manual definitions.
- Keeps abreast of nursing trends and knowledge.
- Maintains a safe and therapeutic work environment.
- One (1 ) year LPN/LVN nursing experience.
- Current and unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse specific to that state the employee is assigned to work by the Company.
Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) documents the following: The mutual recognition model of nurse licensure allows a nurse to have one license (in his or her state of residency) and to practice in other states (both physical and electronic), subject to each state’s practice law and regulation. Nurses must legally reside in a NLC state to be eligible to have a multi-state license.
- Current CPR certification.
- Must be familiar with general use and functions of the computer, such as, user names and password concepts; internet; e-mail; navigation of computer desktop, including starting programs, using files, and windows, effectively use navigation buttons and tool bars; ability to self-manage online HR services and online training programs.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.