Electrical Field Quality Manager- Solar
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Sanford, ME 04073
Electrical Field Quality Manager- Solar
The Field Quality Manager is a member of the project management team, is able to work with minimal supervision and takes the lead role in managing project quality. He/she provides primary technical support to all team members and the crafts by managing the development and implementation of the Project Quality Plan and by researching/answering questions of technical nature. This position requires the incumbent to develop thorough knowledge of the project score and schedule as they apply to QA/QC.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Must promote and comply with all Company safety policies and procedures.
- Use effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Read and understand plans and specifications. Visualize two-dimensional drawings in three dimensions.
- With regard to that portion of the work assigned, develop complete understanding of contract plans and specifications.
- Examine/inspect field conditions and identify problems, inaccuracies and cost-saving measures that arise or that may be encountered. Take corrective actions as needed.
- Inspect subordinates’ work for compliance with the contract plans and specifications, point out deficiencies and explain and take any corrective action needed.
- Listen to other employees’ and supervisor’s suggestions, complaints, problems, safety concerns and recommendations, evaluate each and then devise and implement a plan of action based on that evaluation.
- Observe functioning of installed equipment or systems to determine hazards and need for adjustments, relocation or replacement.
- Identify safety hazards you or other employees may be subject to and take all necessary corrective actions to eliminate or minimize hazards.
- Understand and respond appropriately to all safety hazards and warning devices \(i.e., backup alarms, smell of smoke, different colored warning tags, warning sirens\).
- Understand and implement lockout/tagout procedures in safe manner.
- Produce quality work, meeting requirements of plans, specifications and industry standards.
- Have a thorough knowledge of Wanzek Construction’s Operations Quality Assurance/Quality Control Manual and procedures.
- Manage, train and mentor multiple inspectors/field engineers in their respective duties and responsibilities.
- Assist with and oversee development of a Project Quality Plan, which addresses the client’s quality requirements.
- Manage and ensure implementation and effectiveness of the Project Quality Plan through periodic reviews and document findings, and take corrective actions to address shortcomings.
- Prepare the Monthly Project Quality Report, review and cosign with the Site Manager and submit to Divisional Quality Manager.
- Facilitate Quality Plan implementation walkarounds and participate in weekly meetings to review status of Quality
- Plan and perform field inspections and tests to coordinate with the construction schedule, ensuring supervision and craftsmen do the same.
- Ensure that tests are performed, received and interpreted timely so that impacts due to failure are minimized.
- Provide training to supervision and craftsmen regarding the project-specific quality process and requirements.
- Be involved in and provide QA/QC input to task planning.
- When required, develop written plans and procedures for project specific activities to supplement task planning, i.e., pipeline cleaning.
- Organize and maintain project and corporate QA/QC files.
- Review/approve \(initial/date\) all third-party test results for compliance with project requirements.
- Work with field staff to identify and issue Quality Alerts, notices of nonconformance and corrective actions.
- Train Inspectors and Field Engineers on quality job requirements.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Four-year engineering, science or technical college degree plus five years’ experience in a related construction field \(at least two of these years in a QA/QC position\); or an associate degree in engineering technology or science, plus eight years’ experience in a related construction field \(at least two of these years in a QA/QC position\); or a high school graduate or equivalent \(GED\), plus ten years’ experience in a related construction field \(at least three of these years in a QA/QC position\).
- Certifications from AWS, ACI, ICBO, ASNT, NACE, API, etc., are helpful.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- The Field Quality Manager must be a self-starter with organizational, managerial and leadership skills.
- Take reasonable care of your own and others’ health and safety and of those who may be affected by the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working toward Wanzek’ s Zero Injury principles.
- Must have working knowledge of construction industry codes \(ACI, AWS, ASME, NEC, etc.\).
- Must have broad working knowledge of all crafts and their associated special processes, inspection, and testing techniques.
- Apply principles of quality, lean kaizen and continuous improvement.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficient in the use of computers and software packages needed to support the documentation, analysis and retention of quality records.
- Read, analyze and interpret blueprints, professional journals, technical procedures, contracts or governmental regulations.
- Write reports, technical specifications, work instructions, procedures, business correspondence and document quality-related issues and activities.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from project managers, superintendents, clients, customers and the general public.
- Effectively communicate and develop positive working relationships with the owner, owner’s representative and the Company’s site supervision, in order to facilitate the quality objectives.
- Ability to coach, mentor and collaborate with staff at all levels to drive continuous improvement in safety, quality development and process improvement.
- Ability to interact with all levels within the organization, client, subcontractors and suppliers in order to provide information necessary to obtain and complete a project.
- Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra, statistics and geometry.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
MasTec,Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is notto unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis ofrace, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, geneticinformation, military status or any other consideration made unlawfu