Retail Sales Associate
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Falmouth, ME 04105
The purpose of this job is to consistently achieve individual sales goals to support the store’s sales and profit objectives, while providing superior customer service.
- Generate sales to exceed personal sales goals
- Promote the Music & Arts lesson program
- Create business by networking with teachers/schools, churches, and community organizations
- Develop customer relationships and provide compelling sales presentations based on sales training
- Demonstrate outstanding customer service to each and every customer
- Promote customer loyalty
- Participate in all areas of store’s operation including merchandising, displays, and maintenance
- Additional duties as assigned.
- 1 year of relevant work experience
- Intermediate knowledge of musical instruments and written music
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and comprehend English.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and some holidays
- 2 years of relevant work experience
- Skilled knowledge of musical instruments and written music
- The ability to work as part of a team and also independently
- Good communication and ‘people’ skills
- A strong commitment to customer service
- The ability to work under pressure and handle challenging situations
- Confidence, drive and enthusiasm
- Decision-making ability and a sense of responsibility
- Ability to work as a team in a sales presentation to overcome customers’ objections and close additional sales
- The ability to multitask with customers in store and on the phone
MAA Instructor Info
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.