ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICE TECH I
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Presque Isle, ME 04769
GENERAL DESCRIPTION/STATEMENT: Cleans and maintains assigned areas
in a sanitary, orderly, and attractive condition for the benefit of
patients, visitors, and other employees
1. Cleans offices, patient/resident rooms, corridors, public areas,
bathrooms and treatments rooms according to Housekeeping policies.
2. Replenishes supplies in dispensers such as paper towels, toilet
tissue, and hand soap.
3. Cleans furnishings such as beds, stands, chairs, TV’s, telephones,
office equipment, stretchers and wheelchairs.
4. Must be able to work with germicidal cleaning detergents.
5. Cleans blinds and windows.
6. Cleans bathrooms by scouring sinks, toilets, and the like.
7. Washes walls, doors, and vents.
8. Dry mops and damp mops floors.
9. Vacuum carpets.
10. Cleans and makes beds.
11. Must be able and willing to clean isolation rooms according to
12. Properly disposes of trash
13. Handles clean and soiled linens according to procedure
14. Must be able to do high dusting of sills, light fixtures, picture
frames and the like.
15. Must be able to follow established safety methods and procedures as
organizational and department policies.
19. Must possess the ability to work as a team member
20. Must be able to take caution with the resident’s personal
nick-nacks and belongings when dusting and moving furniture around in
21. May be asked to assist with the move of a resident’s personal
belongings and furniture if a move is deemed necessary by the facility.
22\. Maintain a safe environment complying with NLH policies and
procedures; report and directly address environmental hazards and
violations of patient safety policy and/or protocol when involved or
1. Performs other work related duties as assigned, as needed, as well
as in other assignments.
2. May be asked to assist in the Laundry or Food Service Department
LICENSE REQUIREMENTS: NONE
AVAILABILITY REQUIREMENTS: *
May be assigned to work the day, evening, or night shift. Usually
assigned to one shift but may need to work a different shift from that
assigned, if there is a need. Must be able to work at least every other
weekend and holidays as needed.
EDUCATION SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. High School diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
2. No experience required
3. Requires verbal, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
4. Should be able to follow oral and written instructions
5. De-escalation and Workplace Violence training will be completed at
hire prior to release from orientation.