Senior Director, Database Operations Services
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland, ME 04103
Transforming the future of healthcare isn’t something we take lightly. It takes teams of the best and the brightest, working together to make an impact.
As one of the largest healthcare technology companies in the U.S., we are a catalyst to accelerate the journey toward improved lives and healthier communities.Here at Change Healthcare, we’re using our influence to drive positive changes across the industry, and we want motivated and passionate people like you to help us continue to bring new and innovative ideas to life.If you’re ready to embrace your passion and do what you love with a company that’s committed to supporting your future, then you belong at Change Healthcare.
Pursue purpose. Champion innovation. Earn trust. Be agile. Include all.
Empower Your Future. Make a Difference.
Senior Director, Database Operations Services
Overview of Position
The Senior Director, Database Operations Services oversees the Microsoft SQL and Oracle Database Services leaders as well as additional tower leaders as assigned. Interacts with senior leadership as well as internal business stakeholders to ensure proper delivery of services pertaining to the technologies under management of this team. Has overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities, and recommending and implementing changes to methods. Interactions frequently involve special skills, such as negotiating with customers or management or attempting to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Be a technical expert in one of either SQL or Oracle database support to validate or assist in analysis of larger issues with database operations
- Establish operational strategies; ensure strategies are in line with the organization’s goals including service quality initiatives
- Manage a team of directors and managers across multiple towers including Microsoft SQL and Oracle database services
- Identifies and provides appropriate team members career paths throughout the organization. These include lateral transfers within and between departments, upward movements within our function and appropriate outward movement to other functional units
- Develop and communicate the vision for this team
- Ensure technical direction of DBA services are in alignment with strategic business objectives
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 15 or more years’ experience in technology having served at least 10 years in a leadership role leading other managers and technical professionals.
- Experience managing a team of 5 direct reports and at least 20 contractors across multiple geographies.
- Ability to navigate and work across multiple constituents to develop, communicate, and support a company’s short-term and long-term business objectives.
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Understands and utilizes workforce analytics. Continuously establishes clear goals and uses data and metrics to achieve best-in-class results and business goals. Strong track record of leading, managing and improving people and processes
- More than 5 years managing either Microsoft SQL or Oracle databases in a large enterprise environment
- Work effectively with multi-functional groups to include business units, vendors, senior leadership and external customers
- Background and understanding in data center management, healthcare, and claims data.
- Database Design/Architecture from data modeling and system perspective
- Performance Tuning, Disaster recovery experience
- Experience managing budgets and financial forecasts
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
General office demands
How much should I expect to travel?
Travel may be up to 3 days every 2-3 months.
Employees in roles that require travel will need to be able to qualify for a company credit card or be able to use their own personal credit card for travel expenses and submit for reimbursement.
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com “Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation” as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdfto view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Change Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment at Change Healthcare is based upon your individual merit and qualifications. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, protected veteran status or disability, genetic characteristic, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We will also make all reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.