Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland, ME 04103
Roadway Engineer/Civil/EIT (155243)
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Civil/Roadway Engineer/EIT, you will work as part of our civil team to assist with project delivery for a diverse range of civil and transportation projects for our state and municipal clients.
Candidate must be a highly motivated and talented engineer with a strong background and interests in the design and construction of transportation projects. We offer a competitive compensation & benefits package and the ability to grow both professionally and personally. Check out the difference Employee Ownership makes at HDR!
In the role of Civil/Roadway Engineer/EIT our team will count on you to:
- Work collaboratively with a project team to develop designs for urban and rural roadway projects.
- Contribute to the life cycle of a project, from feasibility analysis through the construction phase.
- Assist the Project Manager through creative problem solving, during interactions with clients, and by completing tasks to meet the project schedule.
- Provide construction inspection support and engineering oversight on active construction projects.
- Review the work of peers and communicate constructive feedback.
- Perform other duties, as needed.
Keyword(s): Civil Engineer, Roadway Engineer, Construction Inspection, Job .#152926, .#LI-EH1
- Bachelor’s of Science in Civil Engineering or related engineering discipline.
- 4 years of experience in roadway design and construction inspection.
- An EIT certification (PE preferred).
- Fluency with AutoDesk Civil 3D, Bentley MicroStation, and Bentley InRoads.
- Comprehension with Microsoft Office and other processing software.
- Experience working with state, municipal, and private transportation clients, such as State DOTs and the MBTA.
- Experience designing urban and rural highway interchanges, roadway intersections, traffic management solutions, complete streets concepts, and roadway drainage.
- Experience developing construction plans, roadway alignments, site grading, and traffic analyses.
- Experience performing site inspections, documenting site conditions and construction activities, coordinating with client and contractor staff, and responding to contractor requests for information.
- Excellent communication, motivation, and organizational skills.
- A commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture.
- Preference given to local candidates
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
At HDR, we are committed to the principles of employment equity.
USA: We are a Federal Contractor, Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of minority, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or any other status protected by law.
CANADA: We welcome applications from all qualified individuals.
AUSTRALIA: We consider all qualified candidates regardless of gender, ethnicity, country of birth, political or religious affiliation, health status, or any other status protected by law.
At HDR, health and safety matters.
For some positions, you may be required to provide drug and alcohol testing, before or during employment, based on our Drug Testing and Drug Free Workplace Policy.
If you are required to drive for us, we require a valid driver’s license and compliance with our vehicle policy.