Civil/Environmental Engineer - Mid Level
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Scarborough, ME 04074
- 3+ years’ experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (civil or environmental preferred)
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D Software and HydroCAD or other stormwater modeling/hydrology software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER certification, including current refresher training;
- EIT desired but not required. Desire to pursue Professional Engineers license.
- Experience with Maine DEP Chapter 500 Stormwater Management regulations and associated permitting;
- Experience with the development and implementation of technical plans, designs, and specifications;
- A strong understanding of local, state, and federal level permitting for (ME, NH, MA, VT, or NY) stormwater permitting and town/city site plan review applications;
- Experience independently analyzing and interpreting data regarding site uses and topography to develop stormwater management plans and best management practices;
- Experience with design and development of erosion and sedimentation control plans;
- Experience in performing engineer’s opinion of probable cost estimates for land development, building demolition, and remediation activities;
- Experience developing Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasures (SPCC) Plans, Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP), hazardous waste contingency plans, emergency response plans, or emergency action plans;
- Experience performing construction monitoring and oversight.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
TRC is seeking a Civil/Environmental Engineer to join our Engineering, Construction, and Remediation team in either the Scarborough or Augusta, ME offices. This career-oriented position is required to provide operational, permitting, compliance, design, and construction services to a wide variety of clients. Our engineering staff provide engineering design and technical support on challenging projects including site design and land development, renewable energy development, solid waste management, and environmental assessment and remediation.
As a Civil/Environmental Engineer, the successful candidate will apply their existing knowledge and develop new skills while working as part of a dynamic and fast paced team. The position focuses on a candidate developing skills to assist clients as they comply with various environmental regulations and address their permitting challenges by working with project teams to perform analyses and to develop and implement plans, designs, and specifications. A desire to work with internal business development professionals and senior managers to establish and grow a sustainable client base is required.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Work with mid and senior level engineers to:
- Conduct hydrologic analyses to support planning, development, permitting and design of stormwater management systems
- Design stormwater management systems adapted for specific development sectors in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal regulations,
- Perform civil/site design and planning to support a wide variety of land development projects;
- Prepare grading and erosion and sedimentation control plans,
- Prepare technical design reports, compliance reports and permit application packages,
- Attend and present project designs and applications at various Planning Board/AHJ meetings,
- Prepare construction and industrial Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans,
- Design and assist with implementation of site remediation measures.
- Work with designers and permitting specialists to prepare civil site design packages for a wide variety of projects supporting developers, facilities, and infrastructure that comply with applicable state and federal regulations.
- Execute field work and contractor oversight to support the collection of environmental data and/or perform construction quality assurance.
- Assist clients in addressing their development challenges and goals by working with project teams across multiple disciplines to perform site specific analyses and assessments.
- Strong technical writing and data management, organizational and communication skills.
- Apply quality assurance and quality control procedures.
- Ability to make decisions and perform as an independent thinker and leader, but also collaborate with project team personnel.
- Work directly with clients professionally and display service-oriented attitude.
- Willingness to build a sustaining practice and engage in business development efforts including being active in professional organizations.
- Advance career knowledge by attending continuing educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies, etc.
- Travel (typically 10 to 15%) throughout the US, primarily in New England.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled