Direct Support Professional PT
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Augusta, ME 04332
- Health Care
Augusta, ME, USA
New Updated Starting Rate – $14.00-$15.00!
Would you like to make a positive difference? Would you like great benefits working for a community leading organization? Then join our team!
We’re looking for caring people to help the people who live in our residential homes. Direct Support Professionals care for people with disabilities. This could include helping cook meals, household upkeep, helping participants with personal hygiene and interpersonal skills, as well as transporting them to community events.
NO EXPERIENCE NEEDED – we provide PAID training!
Direct Support Professionals do not require special training before they’re hired, Goodwill will provide certification training upon hire. There are several levels of this position, which means there is room for growth within Goodwill.
Why Work for Goodwill – Our employees are important to us and we want the best, so we take care of them and their families.
- Medical, Dental, Life and Vision insurance offered
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Paid Short & Long Term Disability
- Generous Paid Time Off Plan
- Paid Holidays
- 30% Employee discount at Goodwill stores in ME, NH & VT
- Exceptional career growth opportunities
- Discount on personal cell phone plans
- Local community discounts
- Caring coworkers/team that support you!
1) Supports service recipients associated with Goodwill’s Residential and Community Support programs.
- Serves as a model and provides hands-on support and direct teaching in interpersonal skills, financial management skills, personal care and hygiene, activities of daily living, and access to community services and leisure opportunities.
- Moderates verbal or emotional incidents through intervention techniques that preserve the dignity and safety of the service recipient(s).
- Completes all required documentation in accordance with program standards.
2) Represents the Agency in all interactions with other members of the Goodwill community and with the general public, supporting the agency Vision of creating sustainable communities that thrive through the fullest participation of their diverse residents.
3) Furthers the organizational commitment to triple bottom line results: integrating social, economic and environmental goals into thinking, planning and actions.
- In accordance with the service plan, serves as a model and provides hands-on support and direct teaching in areas including, but not limited to, interpersonal skills, financial management skills, personal care and hygiene, activities of daily living, and access to community services and leisure opportunities
- Communicates effectively and courteously when dealing with service recipients, parents, guardians and other interested parties
- Moderates verbal or emotional incidents through intervention techniques that preserve the dignity and safety of the service recipients
- Documents observations concerning group and individual interactions, progress and participation of the service recipient in the approved plan
- Completes all required documentation in accordance with program standards
- Accompanies and transports the individual to appointments, community outings and services
- Valid driver’s license with satisfactory driving record.
- Reliable transportation and automobile insurance that meets minimum state requirements.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to complete required certifications on time.
- Criminal background check to meet agency requirements.
- High school diploma/GED.
- The ability to stand or sit for long periods of time. Perform range of motion tasks that include but not limited to; reaching, bending, stretching and stooping.
- Ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds and push 175 pounds.
- Direct Support Professional Certification (I.e.: College of Direct Support or former live class).
- Current CRMA, CRMA 40 preferred.
- Experience supporting individuals with disabilities.
- Mental Health Experience (when applicable).
- Travel Required
Yes. Transporting residents to appointments.
Communication – written
Communication – verbal
Team Player:Works well as a member of a group
Dedicated:Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Ability to Make an Impact:Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
High School Diploma/GED or better
- Licenses & Certifications
Drive. Lic. – Class C
Posted: August 5, 2020