Barista (Part-time & Full-time)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland, ME 04103
The Barista is responsible for assisting customers and providing a great customer service. The Barista must be a quick learner with the ability to remember ingredients, prepare quality beverages, and fill customer orders. The associate must have the ability to greet customers, build relationships, and work effectively in a team environment.
This position also requires the ability to keep and maintain a clean and sanitary work environment. Respond to customer concerns and requests, and ensure all bookstore property and personnel are secure.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Prepares quality beverages, whole bean, and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards. Also, follow health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Follett Starbucks Cafe.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard, and set a positive example for the shift team.
- Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues.
- Communicates information to manager so that the team can respond as necessary to create a quality customer environment during each shift.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance.
- Follows Starbucks operational policies and procedures, including safety and security, to ensure the safety of all partners during each shift.
- Delivers legendary customer service to all customers by acting with a customer comes first attitude by building relationships and connecting with the customer.
- Discovers and responds to customer needs in a timely manner.
- Stocks products and maintains shelves/stock, organize and arrange books and merchandise as appropriate.
- Lift and carry boxes, books, and other merchandise.
- 1+ years previous Barista / food service experience required.
- High School Degree or equivalent.
- Ability to stand for up to two or more hours at any given time.
- Ability to safely operate coffee equipment as necessary
- Previous experience in a coffee shop, café environment (preferred)
- Detail-orientation in performing accurate transactions
- Self-motivated and multi-tasks with minimal supervision
- Proactively meets both internal and external customer needs.
- Effective work methods and consistently meets commitments
- Effective communication skills— clear, concise and positive.
- Computer literacty desired
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including evening and weekend hours.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, climb, kneel and bend.
Salary / Hourly
Equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.