Strategic Insights & Innovation Senior Analyst
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Bar Harbor, ME 04609
Strategic Insights & Innovation Senior Analyst
Marketing, Customer Support and Business Development
The Strategic Insights & Innovation Senior Analyst reports to the Manager, Strategic Marketing and is responsible for identifying and evaluating new business and new product opportunities both within and outside of currently served markets and technical capabilities. The role requires the ability to work well with teams, help create program visions, and pull and analyze data with ease. The individual will assess market opportunities beyond core adjacencies, and will assist in the prioritization of efforts across disparate business areas. This position is critical to achieving overall business growth goals and will work intimately with New Product Development and Product Management to achieve those goals.
New Opportunity Assessment – Perform technical evaluations of potential new products and services beyond current capabilities.
- Conduct detailed assessments of new markets and emerging technologies to identify potential white space opportunities within and outside of traditional core adjacencies.
- Work closely with the Product Innovation and Strategic Commercialization team to develop and present business cases to justify investment in new opportunities based on: key value propositions, strategic alignment, financial analytics, project valuation, go-to-market strategies, and project prioritization.
- Validate key assumptions and research findings through direct engagement with customers in identified areas of interest.
- Customer and Market Intelligence – Collaborate with internal and external partners to conduct research on customer needs, market trends, and competitive positioning.
- Generate deep and actionable customer and market insight through primary and secondary research including but not limited to in-depth reviews of: scientific literature, market reports, investor reports, and external databases, as well as conference attendance and 1:1 customer engagement.
- Understand the competitive landscape and JMCRS competitive strengths and weaknesses to drive differentiation and market awareness.
- Work across business units to assess financial and operational requirements for expansion beyond current capabilities.
- Represent voice of the customer in team discussions to guide decision-making.
- BA/BS in business-related field or life sciences and minimum 3 years of experience in market opportunity development or equivalent role with documented proficiency in key competencies associated with the role.
- Experience evaluating biomedical product and service opportunities for market attractiveness and feasibility.
- Excellent analytical skills to convert market data into market opportunities.
- Comfort working across disparate business units and translating research insights into actionable next steps.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills coupled with the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Demonstrated experience in executing under tight timelines on decisions which carry significant financial and business consequences.
- Ability to travel 10%.
Please submit a cover letter of interest and resume!
The Jackson Laboratory (JAX) is an independent, nonprofit biomedical research institution with more than 2,300 employees. Headquartered in Bar Harbor, Maine, it has a National Cancer Institute-designated Cancer Center in Augusta, Maine, a genomic medicine institute in Farmington, Connecticut, and facilities in Ellsworth, Maine, Sacramento, California, and Shanghai, China. Its mission is to discover precise genomic solutions for disease and empower the global biomedical community in the shared quest to improve human health.
The Jackson Laboratory’s 43-acre scenic Bar Harbor campus is nestled between the Gulf of Maine and the mountains of Acadia National Park. Some of the best hiking and biking in the world (over 50 square miles of mountains, lakes, views, and dramatic coastline) is accessible from our campus. We are one mile from downtown Bar Harbor, which offers a vibrant downtown district with a plethora of restaurants, shops, museums, and galleries.
JAX employees work in a collaborative, value-driven, and team-based environment where the focus is on advancing science and improving patients’ lives. Researchers apply genetics to increase the understanding of human disease and advance treatments and cures for cancer, neurological and immune disorders, diabetes, aging, and heart disease. JAX was voted among the top 15 “Best Places to Work in Academia” in the United States in a poll conducted by The Scientist magazine!
INTEGRITY – Courage and commitment to do what is right
PEOPLE – Inspiring our people to enhance the health of all
ONE TEAM – Unified by our promise to transform medicine and science
EXCELLENCE – Achieving world-class results
INNOVATION – Leading with discovery and creative solutions
STEWARDSHIP – Caring for and enhancing the resources entrusted to us
What do we have to offer?
JAX offers a dynamic and supportive work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, including a medical plan, outstanding retirement plan, generous paid time off, and tuition reimbursement including an MBA program. Our campus offers a fitness center with an award-winning wellness program, an onsite full service cafeteria, and a fully operational primary care facility available to employees and their families.
Most importantly, every position contributes to JAX’s mission of discovering precise genomic solutions for human disease and empowering the global biomedical community in our shared quest to improve human health.
Employment will require successful completion of references, background check, credit check, pre-employment physical, drug test and an appropriate non-compete agreement.
The Jackson Laboratory provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, national origin, veteran status, and other classifications protected by applicable state and local non-discrimination laws.
Learn more about career opportunities at JAX: http://www.jax.org/careers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.