Technical Manufacturing Lead Scientist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Westbrook, ME 04074
DO WORK THAT
At Abbott, diverse ideas, perspectives, and expertise allow us to create
life-changing solutions that help people live healthier lives. In 150 countries
and with businesses spanning nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices, and
branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott offers you enormous opportunities to
explore your interests and help you achieve your career and personal goals.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Manufacturing Chemist, Lateral
Flow within our Abbott Rapid Diagnostics business located at Scarborough,
Maine. In this role, you will be responsible for making critical and
non-critical bio-reagents for use in product and manufacturing processes..
Abbott Rapid Diagnostics (formerly Alere) is part of Abbott’s Diagnostics
family of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and
industry-leading technologies to support diagnostic testing which provides
important information for treatment and management of diseases and other
• Maintains and supports production schedule
• Investigates problem areas and areas of desirable improvement
• Follows SOPs and supports and document system
• Able to perform technical procedures and use lab equipment
• Maintains quality systems and proper GMP/GLP
• Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) or equivalent combination of education and
experience in science related field.
• Fundamental laboratory skills
• Fundamental classes in Biology, Immunology, and Chemistry
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
• Independent thinking and creative problem solving
• Experience in the following areas:
• Pipette experience
• Measurement techniques
• pH Meters
• Spreadsheet and database entry
At Abbott, we’re committed to helping people live their best possible life
through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we’ve brought new
products and technologies to the world — in nutrition, diagnostics, medical
devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals — that create more possibilities
for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help
people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we
An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our
reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request
an accommodation, please send an email to email@example.com .
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org