Stop Loss RMS Operations Consultant
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
South Portland, ME 04106
You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You’ll work with dynamic colleagues – experts in their fields – who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you’ll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients – who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
The Operations Consultant is responsible for supporting the Operations, Underwriting and Implementation functions within Stop Loss RMS. This position will be responsible for managing daily operational functions related to billing/premium reconciliation,underwriting pre and post-sale support. It will also involveconfiguration, testingand maintenance of transactional systems, maintenance and creating of internal policies and procedure documentation,and direct client support for FullScope RMS Stop Loss.
Understanding of the various aspects of insurance company organizations including; underwriting, claims, finance, actuarial, IT and account management.
- Proven ability to be proactive and work effectively with leaders and teams across multiple internal functional areas (Underwriting, claims, actuarial, finance, etc).
- Excellent problem solving skills; ability to effectively weigh competing options and makes tough, timely decisions; works well under pressure, managing multiple priorities and tight deadlines.
- Strong analytic skills-ability to work with data sets from multiple sources.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal Proficiency using the Microsoft Office suite of products.)
- Ability to work professionally and effectively with co-workers, clients, vendors and others with whom Sun Life does business.
- 3-5 years of experience in the Group insurance, Stop-Loss, or reinsurance industry. Stop-Loss experience is preferred.
- College degree preferred.
- Operational Processes (50%)Monthly Bordereau Reporting reconciliation
Working with Client Partners and Accounting/Treasury to resolve premium, claim and bordereau reporting issues
Managing Broker Appointment processes
Producing monthly management reporting
Ongoing creation, evaluation and maintenance of internal policies and procedures.
Understand how processes should apply based on each client agreement and how changes impact other functional processes.
Assisting with configuration, testing and maintenance of the ESL transactional system
- Underwriting Processes (25%)Managing Stop Loss RFP requests and data in the ESL transactional system
Verifying completeness of RFP data
Request and Follow up on missing underwriting data
Request and Follow up on requirements to finalize underwriting terms
Assisting with configuration and maintenance of the ESL transactional system
- Implementation and Client Support (25%)Assists the Operations Senior Consultant on client implementation processes.
Understanding of each individual client treaty and the high level operational processes required to support those treaties.
- As additional team members are hired, this position may encompass mentoring, training and oversight of those team members.
- Knowing when to escalate to Senior Management
- Other duties as assigned.
It is the policy of SLF U.S. that we will recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles, and ensure that all other personnel actions are administered, without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sex (including but not limited to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, or other legally protected status, and we will ensure that all employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For applicants residing in California, please read our employee .
Customer Service / Operations
Posting End Date:
Sun Life Financial is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or citizenship status, genetic information, pregnancy status or any other characteristic protected by law. Sun Life Financial is committed to building a diverse and inclusive company culture.
Sun Life Financial is a leading provider of group insurance benefits in the U.S., helping people protect what they love about their lives. More than just a name, Sun Life symbolizes our brand promise of making life brighter – for our customers, partners, and communities. Join our talented, diverse workforce and launch a rewarding career. Visit us at www.sunlife.com/us to learn more.