Wastewater Treatment Assistant Project Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland, ME 04101
At Woodard & Curran, there?s nothing we love more than a tough engineering or O&M challenge. We handle a wide range of water and environmental issues?solving complex problems with creativity and tenacity. That?s how we make a difference to our clients, people, and planet. Our company was founded on a simple concept: provide a safe and enjoyable place to work with opportunity, integrity, and commitment, and we will attract talented people. Those people are at the heart of our firm, solving some of the most pressing water and environmental challenges for our clients.
Woodard & Curran draws on the experience of hundreds of certified operators across the country, backed by the knowledge and skills of hundreds more engineers, scientists, and regulatory experts, to quickly tackle the most challenging operational issues and keep treatment plants running efficiently and in full compliance.? Woodard & Curran also aids employees in earning, upgrading, and keeping their certifications within the industry.
What will you be doing at Woodard & Curran?
Woodard & Curran is seeking a full-time Assistant Project Manager with a minimum Massachusetts Grade 5 wastewater certification (Grade 6 preferred) to be responsible for assisting the Project Manager with the day to day operations, maintenance and management, administrative duties, and maintaining close client communications for a project located in Plymouth, Massachusetts.
Woodard & Curran is entering into a long term contract with the Town of Plymouth to provide operations and maintenance services related to the management, operation and maintenance of the 3.0 MGD design flow SBR treatment facility, sludge & septage receiving facility at 65,000 gpd minimum located at the WWTF, the Water Street Pump Station (i.e. headworks) for raw sewerage influent treatment and grit removal, Plymouth South HS MBR package treatment plant and assist the Town in maintaining the eight (8) unmanned remote pump stations, air relief valves, and force mains.?
Typical responsibilities include:
- Day-to-day operations and management of the facilities, including provision of trained staff 24/7,
- Day-to-day operations and management of the remote communications network and assigned SCADA network.
- ??Implementation and management of an innovative predictive maintenance management program,
- ??Administration and implementation of all routine and capital repair and replacement projects, and
- ??Emergency response for process upsets, equipment failures, force majeure events, all alarm events, etc.
- ??Provision of requested / required operations and compliance reporting to regulatory agencies and Town of Plymouth.
The Assistant Project Manager will play an active role in the coordination and communication with assigned staff, Plymouth collection system staff, client representatives, contractors, and any assigned engineering firms. He or she will also work closely with all parties to ensure effective system operation and optimization.? The successful candidate will be responsible for performing hands-on work and producing all required reports.? He or she will coordinate the on-going daily operation of the utility system.
Competitive and negotiable salary.
What will you need to succeed?
- 10 to 15 years? experience in managing complex water wastewater treatment facilities including laboratory, and collection systems.
- Massachusetts Wastewater Operators License – Grade 5 minimum, Grade 6 preferred
- High school or equivalent, with technical/vocational school background; College degree preferred with focus in Environmental Areas.
- Experience overseeing operating and capital budgets.
- Participation directly and to a significant extent in the operation, maintenance, and repair of water/wastewater facilities throughout the last ten years,
- Experience managing a minimum of 5 staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Proven track record with regulators and solid understanding of regulations and reporting requirements.
- Applicant must possess a valid Driver?s License and a good driving record and must be able to lift or move up to 40 pounds on a regular basis.
Woodard & Curran is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Woodard & Curran is a Drug Free Work Place.
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.