Wastewater Treatment Operator/Technician
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland, ME 04101
At Woodard & Curran, there is nothing we love more than a tough engineering challenge. We handle a wide range of water and environmental issues?solving complex problems with creativity and tenacity. That?s how we make a difference to our clients, people, and planet. Our company was founded on a simple concept: provide a safe and enjoyable place to work with opportunity, integrity, and commitment, and we will attract talented people. Those people are at the heart of our firm, solving some of the most pressing water and environmental challenges for our clients.
Woodard & Curran draws on the experience of hundreds of certified operators across the country, backed by the knowledge and skills of hundreds more engineers, scientists, and regulatory experts, to quickly tackle the most challenging operational issues and keep treatment plants running efficiently and in full compliance.? Woodard & Curran also aids employees in earning, upgrading, and keeping their certifications within the industry.
What will you be doing at Woodard & Curran?
Our Plymouth, MA staff is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the wastewater treatment plant and collections system, including remote pump stations. If you enjoy working outdoors protecting nature?s precious resource, water, this position is for you.? Candidates utilize basic mechanical and pumping equipment repair skills and have experience with electrical systems to provide maintenance and repair around the facility.?? Our operators participate in an ?on call? rotation for plant coverage outside normal workday hours and shifts will include weekends. In addition, operators will be required to respond to emergency situations and work in inclement weather as needed.
What will you need to succeed?
- Massachusetts Grade 4 or higher Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator License
- Minimum of 5 years? experience in a wastewater treatment facility, operation, and maintenance; or any equivalent combination of education.
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of pumps, compressors, and plumbing fixtures.
- High School or trade school diploma is required, associate degree or higher preferred.
- A valid Massachusetts motor vehicle operator’s license.
- Knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions involved in wastewater treatment work.
- OSHA 10 Hour Construction Safety certification a plus.
- Knowledge of computer applications, and ability to use & learn various software programs [HachWIMS, SEMS CMMS, and Utility Cloud]
- Ability to read, interpret, and apply instructions, drawings, and specifications for work assigned.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with superiors, other personnel, and the general public.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Must be able to lift or move up to 40 lbs on a regular basis.
Woodard & Curran is an equal opportunity employer.
Woodard & Curran is a Drug Free Work Place.
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.