Summer Engineering Intern
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Bangor, ME 04401
NORTHEAST PAVING – SUMMER INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY
The Summer Engineering Intern handles both office and field responsibilities to meet the project requirements, including implementation of scheduled work and tracking data. They will heavily be involved in field work.
The Summer Engineering Intern will be tasked with a variety of duties such as tracking quantities, layout, maintaining traffic, working with the crew or at a plant/office.
- Responsible to work with and coordinate activities for projects.
- Rotate through various projects, plants, labs, etc.
- Project support as needed.
- Responsible for checking and tracking quantities (cost control quantities)
- Responsible to archiving and recording all correspondence as directed.
- Use accepted methods to inspect, sample and test aggregates, asphalt, concrete or other materials for the purpose of quality control when needed.
- Monitor and test process functions and materials daily to ensure our products meet or exceed requirements of the appropriate agency or customer.
- Ensure all safety & environmental codes, standards, and acceptable practices are adhered to at all times
- Site visits and investigations as needed
- Participation in weekly and monthly safety meetings
- Complete other duties as assigned
- General. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Key Duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and Experience
- Requires basic engineering knowledge in civil engineering.
Proficient PC skills.
Familiarity with construction industry practices is required. Must be able to understand and communicate effectively with job site supervisors, fellow employees, subcontractors, vendors, and DOT personnel.
- Physical Demands The following physical demands are representative while performing the essential functions of the job.
- Regularly required to stand and/or sit during a regular work shift of at least eight hours per day.
Employee is occasionally required to stoop, bend, walk, crouch, and climb.
Ability to lift, on a frequent basis, at least 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Continuous mental attention required to complete tasks in an efficient manner.
Exposure to dust, dirt grease and noise.
Work can be performed at heights up to 60 feet, requiring the employee to climb ladders, scaffolds and stair towers, often with narrow steps and passageways.
Frequently walk on uneven surfaces, including natural ground and slopes in varying weather conditions.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule, based on project need(s) and demand(s).
Must wear all required PPE including steel-toed boots/shoes.
- Work Environment The work environment characteristics described below are representative while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is performed primarily outdoors in all weather conditions.
Work environment periodically exposes the employees to high levels of noise, grease, and dust that is typically associated with a construction project.
Employee regularly works near heavy equipment and moving machinery.
Work may involve a variety of substances commonly found on construction sites such as form oil, grease, curing compounds, gasoline, diesel fuel and ready mixed concrete.
Occasional office work.
We promote a Drug-Free Workplace.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability are encouraged to apply.
Blythe Construction, Inc. – Hubbard Construction Company – Northeast Paving – Sunmount Paving – Virginia Paving Company, are hereby referred to as Eurovia USAAccessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact Human Resources at*Blythe Construction, Inc.: Phone: 704-375-8474Hubbard Construction Company*: Phone: 407-645-5500*Eurovia Atlantic Coast, LLC*:Phone: 704-375-8474
Eurovia USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Eurovia USA is committed to providing a fair and equal employment opportunity workplace. All hiring and promotional decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status that is protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic – Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English