Manager - Software Engineering (ExecuTime)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Yarmouth, ME 04096
Manager – Software Engineering (ExecuTime)
Manager – Software Engineering (ExecuTime)
A Software Engineering Manager in the ExecuTime team will be responsible forassisting in translating Product Strategy features into development requirements, managing and reporting project health and progress,contributing to development of features and defect fixes, and staffing of the team, as well as development, automated test coverage and rollout of application releases.
The ideal candidate has experience with Agile development methods, product ownership, managing a development team, managing a large project, possesses current technical skills, excellent communication skills and proven ability to collaborate across multiple Tyler development teams.
- Agile oriented project planning and execution for defined feature sets.
- Managing the development team/staff.
- Utilizing collaboration with Tyler staff resources & expertise, provide technical leadership and guidance for development team in all areas of the tech stack.
- Provide transparency of project work and progress for stakeholders, presented in formats relevant to their user personas / areas of interest.
- Work in a collaborative fashion with other product teams to bring tangible results to market.
- Plan and execute a successful rollout of product releases, including documentation, education and support/training to Demo and other departments as needed.
- Participate in analyzing, designing, writing and testing code, documenting and implementing functionally appropriate, technically sound, and well-integrated application systems. This is completed in accordance with customer requirements and organizational methodologies and standards for new application development as well as existing system enhancements.
- Participate in new application development and existing system enhancements by coding system features and according to system designs.
- Maintain existing application programs by fixing bugs or clearing up operational deficiencies in both previously released software and software slated for future release.
- Assure program, module and system integrity through thorough testing and adherence to company standards and procedures.
- Work through all phases of the software development life cycle, including research, design, analysis, requirements, implementation, test automation, and maintenance.
- Utilize new technologies and tools to modify products and provide integration with applications developed internally and externally.
- Prepare and modify program and system documentation.
- Provide guidance to less experienced team members to ensure knowledge transfer and training are successfully meeting department goals.
- Achieve departmental goals and timelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or comparable work experience.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in software development, ERP system experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of database structure and design.
- Familiarity with current report tools and technologies.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of software development practices, computer science theory, and understanding of relevant technologies.
- Relevant Technologies:Java (or similar high level language)
SQL Server 2012 and higher
Java Server Pages (JSP)
Struts 1 and 2
Spring RESTful Web Services
- Relevant related technologies
- Experience writing and testing code to meet strict deadlines.
- Demonstrated understanding of product architecture and all underlying technologies.
- Demonstrated understanding of development process.
- Demonstrated experience with data modeling tools, web services and/or service oriented architecture.
- Ability to work well both independently and within a team environment.
- Experience providing guidance and direction to less experienced staff.
- Solid negotiation with various parties to ensure enhancements to applications are addressed while maintaining/balancing business situations and constrictions.
- Well-developed logical thinking and reasoning skills.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a fast-paced, technical environment.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Project Management and/or Agile Project Management experience.
- Experience with Agile development methods and practices.
- A proven ability to deliver in-depth solutions for competing stakeholder requirements in expedited timelines on highly visible projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, active listening, presentation and analytical/problem solving skills.
- A demonstrated ability to successfully collaborate across team or division boundaries.
Work with our innovative software solutions that help local government and school districts centralize data and connect their organizations. By working to develop and support our financial management solutions, you can help integrate our solutions with human resources, revenue management, tax billing, and asset management.
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.