Behavioral Health Professional - Lewiston, ME
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Norway, ME 04268
JOB TYPE: Part Time | Afternoons/Evenings
Growing Opportunities, Inc. is currently seeking an energetic individual to join our team of Behavioral Health Professionals (BHP). We are a family-oriented agency that is committed to enhancing the personal growth and independence of children with intellectual disabilities and/or autism. As a BHP, the selected individual will work closely with the child, both in the family’s home and in the community, in order to provide supports designed to enhance the child’s personal growth and independence. The BHP will follow the child’s Individual Treatment Plan (ITP), which outlines specific goals and objectives created to enhance the child’s behavioral, life, and social skills.
• Adhere to the child’s Individual Treatment Plan, developed by the child’s program supervisor, in order to provide appropriate behavioral, life, and social skill supports.
• Maintain and submit accurate documentation of supports provided to the child
• Communicate professionally with the program supervisor, child, and the child’s family
• Participate in supervision/observation meetings with the program supervisor
• Participate in plan development meetings and/or any outside provider meetings pertaining to the child (when applicable)
• At least 18 years of age
• High school diploma or equivalent
• A minimum of 1 year of experience working with children with intellectual disabilities (preferred)
• Valid driver’s license
• Reliable transportation with liability insurance meeting Growing Opportunities’ required limits
• Strong communication, documentation, and support skills
• Available for a flexible work schedule
• BHP, CPR / First Aid, and Bloodborne Pathogens Certifications (can be obtained through Growing Opportunities via training if the individual is not previously certified)
High School Diploma or equivalent