Medical Lab Assistant I / Phlebotomist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Scarborough, ME 04074
SUMMARY At NorDx, we offer rewarding careers in laboratory science for those committed to work at a center of laboratory excellence. NorDx provides patient-centered, state-of-the-art laboratory testing to our partners in healthcare throughout Northern New England. Our success is the result of dedicated and innovated laboratory professionals. If you are seeking a rewarding, challenging career in a laboratory environment with an organization that will develop your strengths to meet your professional goals, we want to talk to you.
- Position Summary
- Represents organization in all patient settings serving as a liaison. Performs key pre-analytical functions such as specimen collection, phlebotomy, specimen processing, and order entry.
- This position will be to cover the early morning long term care collections, Monday thru Friday, 5:00am-1:30pm with rotating weekends.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: High School Diploma/GED.
- License/Certifications: PBT/MLA Preferred. Acceptable certification agencies: ASCP, AMT, NHA. Driver’s License required.
- Experience: Must have technical training as a Phlebotomist (through NorDx Phlebotomy School or equivalent program).
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Employer’s Job# 132154-77526
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.