Patient Safety Attendant - Emergency Room
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Farmington, ME 04938
- Position Summary
- A Patient Safety Attendant can be called for by nursing staff when a patient requires 1) attendance due to behavior associated with dementia or temporary mental confusion. They can provide close observation for patients at risk for falls or who have a tendency towards wandering, or they may provide, 2) direct observation for patients with suicidal ideation. They do not perform any nursing care functions unless they are also a CNA.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: MANDT or CPI training or willing to attend training.
- License/Certifications: See \\“Education\\”
- Experience: Experience with geriatric clients.
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Able to communicate with patients who may have confusion or dementia
- Must enjoy diversional activity, be creative and energetic
- Must be able to strictly maintain confidentiality
- Ability to maintain professional manner even under stressful situations
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Employer’s Job# 132270-77633
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.