Security Officer - Security
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Biddeford, ME 04005
- Position Summary
- Under the general direction of a security manager, supervisor, or management designee, the security officer will monitor the healthcare environment to help prevent security incidents from occurring and deescalate incidents as they emerge. He or she will help generate a feeling of personal safety and good will among staff, patients, and visitors. The security officer may provide protective services and, with sufficient training, patient restraints as deemed necessary by medical staff. The security officer will also assist with the development and coordination of related departmental policies, procedures, and programs, in accordance with federal, state, OSHA, and NIOSH regulations.
- A selected candidate will be provided with training from our in house instructors on courses such as MOAB, OCAT, PATH, Hazmat training and more. The candidate will perform duties and tasks in accordance with performance standards established for the job. They may have access to highly confidential patient, employee and SMHC proprietary information. They must handle and protect the information in accordance with hospital & system policies, HIPAA requirements and the highest level of ethical standards. The candidate is responsible for reporting all security events, potential events, or other security risks to the organization.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: High School graduate or possess a G.E.D. diploma preferred. Post Secondary education is preferred but not required.
- License/Certifications: Valid driver’s license required. Completion of MOAB, handcuffing and pepper spray certifications, hazmat certification, BLS Certification, NIMS 100, 200, 700 within your FTO period. BLS certified within one year of employment.
- Experience: Previous experience as a Security Officer in a healthcare setting is desired but not required.
- Must be able to work and communicate with staff and patients in high stress situations. A candidate must be able to facilitate quick and safe outcomes for all parties involved in said situations.
- Selected candidate will be required to follow the directions of the security manager, supervisor on duty or selected officer in charge.
- A candidate must be proactive in their duties and be able to complete tasks on their own and as a team.
- A candidate will need to have the ability to learn and use multiple computer programs. These include camera monitoring systems, dispatching programs, badge access, door and panic alarms, and more.
- A selected candidate will at times be entrusted with sensitive information that will fall under the federal guidelines of HIPPA. The candidate will need to be able to use the utmost discretion in these instances.
- Completion of the selection process will require that a candidate pass a physical given by an in house doctor and an agility test also given by the hospital.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Employer’s Job# 132196-77566
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.