Environmental Service Worker I- Brighton Campus
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland , ME 04102
SUMMARY $2000 sign-on Bonus!
- Position Summary
- The environmental service technician (\\“housekeeper\\”) performs a variety of cleaning tasks to maintain rooms, offices, hallways, and other assigned areas. He or she will work closely with departmental leaders and teammates to ensure high standards of cleanliness and safety are achieved in every area. The environmental service technician (\\“housekeeper\\”) will demonstrate a positive attitude and the willingness to provide exceptional customer service, and all interactions with staff, patients or residents and visitors will be carried out with due regard for respect and confidentiality. Work for this role can take place in a variety of difficult and demanding settings, which may include precaution rooms for patients with highly communicable illnesses.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- License/Certifications: N/A
- Experience: N/A
- The ability and willingness to provide exceptional customer service 100% of the time.
- The ability to learn and perform the skills required in an occupied healthcare environment.
- Ability to learn and perform cleaning tasks involving multiple steps and a variety of cleaning tools, equipment and chemicals.
- Required to wear uniform and/or personal protective equipment and to work with cleaning chemicals including disinfectants and bleach.
- Ability to work independently without constant direct supervision.
- The ability to read, communicate in English, and basic use of a computer are required.
- Flexibility in work assignments and requirement to work on weekends and holidays.
Current employees and former employees that have been employed within the past 3 months are not eligible for sign-on bonus.
AS PART OF OUR COMMUTER CHOICE PROGRAM WE OFFER FREE BUS TRIPS TO OUR EMPLOYEES TRAVELING ON THE GREATER PORTLAND METRO (INCLUDING BREEZ AND HUSKY LINES), SOUTH PORTLAND BUS SERVICE, AND SHUTTLEBUS-ZOOM. OUR PROGRAM IS DESIGNED TO SUPPORT EMPLOYEE TRANSPORTATION NEEDS, REDUCE TRAFFIC CONGESTION, AND IMPROVE AIR QUALITY IN THE GREAT PORTLAND REGION!
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Employer’s Job# 130865-76389
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.