Sr Data Infrastructure Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Westbrook, ME 04092
About the role:
We’re looking for a Sr Data Engineer to join our emerging Marketing Application Development team. You will be responsible for supporting data sourcing, automation, and framework design for the Sales Enablement tools our Sales Professionals use daily. You should have experience writing queries, API s, and Web Services. You will work in conjunction with our frontend developers and will partner closely with business teams to understand requirements and adapt quickly to feedback and changing market needs. Experience Postgres data models and the Heroku platform is desired.
A day in the life:
– Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents mid-tier and data-tier services based on technical requirements developed by analysts and project teams. Estimates and tracks time required to complete work, for project budgeting and financial tracking.
– Develops data schemas to meet technical configurations, ensuring that resulting systems will operate efficiently and reliably. Understands business function supported by the application to encompass within design framework. Ensures design integrates with other related systems.
– Develops ETL processes and prepared statements, as needed, to migrate data from one platform to another
– Tests and debugs programs to finalize and ensure smooth operation, leveraging automation where applicable.
– Documents program design, coding and other details to guide others in application development, use and maintenance.
– Supports, updates and maintains existing systems in response to business needs, system problems or other factors. Coordinates with project teams to design, code, test and document system changes.
– Coordinates with project team members to define application requirements. Identifies business needs, assesses available technologies and develops and presents solutions.
– Provides high level of customer service, partners with end users in the resolution of problems or in deployment of new applications.
– May design system architectures.
What do you need to succeed?
– Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
– Experience with programming languages such as Java, Apex, Node, Python 3+, and SQL.
– Experience with common database technologies such as relational (e.g. Postgres, Oracle, MySQL), no-SQL (e.g. Mongo), and Hadoop (e.g. S3, Hive, Presto).
– Experience with SQL and complex SQL query methods.
– Familiarity with the Salesforce ecosystem (CRM, Marketing Cloud, Heroku, Lightning Components/Custom Web Components, Platform Events. APEX, etc.).
– Familiarity with cloud technologies (Salesforce and AWS).
– Familiarity with 3rd party integrations including service calls and data architecture.
– Familiarity with common Linux-based work environments and writing shell scripts.
– Familiarity with agile development methodology.
– Must be an excellent communicator, be willing to lead discussions and be able to work effectively as part of a team.
Employer’s Job# IDEXUSJ015406ENUS
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.