Receipt Inspection Instrument Technician
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Scarborough, ME 04070
Abbott Rapid Diagnostics is part of Abbotts Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry leading technologies to support diagnostic testing which provides important information for treatment and management of diseases and other conditions.
The position of RECEIPT INSPECTION INSTRUMENT TECHNICIAN is within our Infectious Disease Developed Markets business unit located at Scarborough, Maine. In this role you will perform work required to ensure incoming material quality is maintained at standards set forth by the Company. The focused areas include incoming inspection, testing, auditing, assigned projects and documentation of materials purchased.
This job description will be reviewed periodically and is subject to change by management.
- Performs incoming testing for purchased instrumentation
- Maintains and calibrate all inspection laboratory equipment according to schedule
- Works to ensure incoming materials are released on time and according to schedule
- Assists Supervisor/Manager in troubleshooting and other projects as necessary
- Provides support with technical and quality issues as needed
- Performs gauge R&R’s and other inspection method qualifications as required
- Maintains area compliance per FDA, ISO and OSHA requirements.
- Assists in nonconforming material reporting.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS – EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-year related experience and/or training.
- ASQ certified inspector.
- 2 years experience in a regulated industry.
- 1 years experience in Quality Control is desired.
- Experience working with medical device instrumentation.
- Knowledge of Inventory software, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Knowledge of gauging and metrology Knowledge and experience with inventory management systems
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities
Employer’s Job# REQ20060176
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.