Per Diem Pharmacy Tech - Retail Pharmacy
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland , ME 04102
Pharmacy Technicians are essential members of the pharmacy team at Maine Medical Center, providing support for multiple facets of the pharmacy, including providing exceptional customer service. The Pharmacy Technician I is an entry level position with zero to 12 months of pharmacy technician experience. The Pharmacy Technician I assists the pharmacist by preparing and distributing medications, maintaining drug inventory and pertinent patient records. Additionally, the Pharmacy Technician I will perform other related and assigned duties.
REQUIRED MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES (KSAS)
- EDUCATION: High School diploma or GED certificate required.
- LICENSE/CERTIFICATIONS: Associates Degree preferred. PTCB certificate is preferred.
- EXPERIENCE: A minimum of six (6) months of experience (internal pharmacy department) or one (1) year of experience (external pharmacy department) in a pharmacy setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Currently licensed as a pharmacy technician in the State of Maine or currently eligible consistent with the current State of Maine Board of Pharmacy requirements.
- Ability to assist in meeting the pharmaceutical care needs of all patients.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Employer’s Job# 132058-77438
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.