Grocery Store Associate - Hannaford
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Windham, ME 04062
Grocery Store Associate – Hannaford
Full/Part Time Status
797 Roosevelt Trail, Windham Mall
Turns out a wonderful place to shop can be a wonderful place to work. Our associates are amazing and talented people, and no two are exactly alike, so we give them the tools they need to grow their careers and live balanced lives. Wherever your career takes you, you’ll find opportunities at every turn. Here, you can learn and grow, while always bringing your full self to work. Welcome to Hannaford.
We are currently looking for Part-Time Associates for: Cashier/Bagger, Deli, Maintenance, and Overnight Stock Crew.
Essential Job Duties:
• Provide outstanding, friendly customer service. Communicate with and assist customers in selection of product.
• Perform assigned tasks such as replenishing merchandise, preparation of products or setting up displays, etc.
• Perform all assigned cleaning functions in accordance with company standard practices.
• Maintain the quality of department’s appearance and presentation.
• Scan the purchases of a customer into the cash register efficiently and accurately.
• Recognize or differentiate between the various types of produce merchandise carried in the store, including differences between varieties of similar classes of products (e.g., apples, lettuces, etc.).
• Bag or package merchandise according to established company policies and procedures.
• Stock the fresh, frozen, and self-service cases using proper rotation procedures.
• Observe and follow all company policies and established procedures.
• Support company safety standards. Communicate any needed equipment repairs or maintenance work needed. Keep work area free from debris and safety hazards.
• Observe and maintain company’s sanitation and food safety standards.
• Maintain solid communication in the department and throughout the organization.
• Treat all co-workers with fairness, dignity, and respect
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
Effective communication, outstanding customer service, and selling skills. Strong desire to work in a team environment. Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job. Must meet minimum age requirements to perform specific job functions. Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Dependent upon position, you may be required to bend and lift product ranging from 15 lbs. up to 75 lbs.
• Work in and out of inclement weather when necessary.
• Operate controls and feel objects. Use tools to prepare products.
• Be able to handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning materials, packaging materials, and food products.
• Stand and walk 100% of the time.
**The essential job functions, duties and responsibilities and physical requirements listed are a select representation of duties required for various positions, and may not include all, or be limited to, those listed. Specific duties and functions of each position will be available and reviewed at time of interview.