Safety and Security Officer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Belfast, ME 04915
- Position Summary
- Under the general direction of a security manager, supervisor, or management designee, the security officer will monitor the healthcare environment to help prevent security incidents from occurring and deescalate incidents as they emerge. He or she will help generate a feeling of personal safety and good will among staff, patients, and visitors. The security officer may provide protective services and, with sufficient training, patient restraints as deemed necessary by medical staff. The security officer will also assist with the development and coordination of related departmental policies, procedures, and programs, in accordance with federal, state, OSHA, and NIOSH regulations.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- License/Certifications: Valid driver’s license. Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) within 1 year of hire. International Association of Healthcare Security & Safety (IAHSS) certified at the Basic Officer level within 1 year of hire.
- Experience: Experience in hospital safety and security preferred.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Employer’s Job# 132064-77445
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.