Patient Service Representative - Orthopedics
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Farmington, ME 04938
- Position Summary
- The Patient Service Representative for Franklin Health Orthopedics collects, verifies, enters, and monitors appropriate patient data in the computer in compliance with the federal, state, and hospital confidentiality policies. Ensures all necessary paperwork is completed and appropriately signed by the patient in order to admit for inpatient, outpatient, emergency, or surgical services. Verifies the patient’s demographic information and insurance coverage. This may be done in person or via phone or bedside upon admission.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Computer experience required
- Familiarity with healthcare billing and diagnostic coding preferred
- Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA) desired
- Minimum of one year customer service or data entry experience in a health care environment preferred
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Employer’s Job# 132088-77465
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.