Clinical Nursing Assistant - IV Therapy Oncology
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Biddeford, ME 04005
SUMMARY Position is primarily for Biddeford IV Therapy with expectation that the hired individual will periodically rotate and provide coverage in other locations (Scarborough, South Portland, Sanford).
- Position Summary
- Under the supervision a Registered Professional Nurse and according to defined policies and procedures, provides clerical support to the unit. Also performs various service duties and technical tasks such as taking vital signs and assisting patients with basic hygiene and activities of daily living. Specific duties may vary by area of assignment. Consideration of the special needs and behaviors of specific patient populations is required.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: N/A
- License/Certifications: Must be certified as a Nursing Assistant by State of Maine and be on the State of Maine Registry.
- Experience: N/A
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic calculations.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to exchange information and maintain courteous relationships with patients, families, visitors and Medical Center employees.
- Ability to read, write and speak English in order to transcribe and communicate approved provider’s orders at a level normally acquired through a high school education.
- Basic computer skills and medical terminology recommended.
- Knowledge of standards, policies, procedures and organizational structure of the unit, the Department of Nursing, and Maine Medical Center.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Employer’s Job# 130289-75885
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.