Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland, ME 04103
Ulteig is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Meter Technician. The Meter Technician is responsible for programming, installing, testing, and certifying 3 phase revenue meters. The Meter Technician will be able to develop and implement meter programs. Equipment installation, site wiring verification, and troubleshooting are all day to day responsibilities. The Meter Technician will ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
What You’ll Do
- Program, install, test, troubleshoot, and certify electronic and electromechanical kWh meters and various electronic data recorders
- Review and markup Single Line and Three Line Drawings to accurately notate desired meter standards
- Create standard meter programs to accurately read revenue and real time data
- Develop metering programs to account for complex system losses
- Factory Acceptance Testing of communication parameters and revenue data output of CAISO meters
- Verify the wiring and meter accuracy of commercial and utility scale revenue metering installations
- Investigate the causes of commercial and utility scale metering problems, make repairs, and/or advise customers on possible solutions
- Train apprentices on all aspects of the installation and maintenance of the various types of meter applications. Provide training to apprentices on meter testing in the field using a portable test kit. Provide training to apprentices in the field as to the installation and wiring of current transformers and test switches used with transformer-rated metering systems
- Work with project management to specify proper metering equipment for specific project applications
- Design and assemble metering panels
- Share knowledge through technical book reviews and present interesting, relevant topics to the team
- Use common, discipline-specific software and help others use it as well
- Establish and maintain schedules and provide timely progress reports
- Provide accurate and daily accounting of time spent on projects with descriptions for each time entry
- Understands actual time required for most tasks and helps develop the project schedule
- Completes project work as assigned
- Works directly with client
- Frequently works independently in the field while coordinating with the client
What We Expect from You
- Demonstrates proficiency and working knowledge of Revenue Metering Systems
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines by setting priorities
- Demonstrates excellent communication, time management, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work well within a team
- Takes ownership of quality of work and coaches other to produce quality work
- Strong attention to detail
- Acts with integrity and pursues excellence in work
- Two-year technical degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in revenue metering
- Able to read and trace AutoCAD engineering design drawings, including SLD, 3LD, logic diagrams, and DC schematics
- Experience with Microsoft Software Applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access) and additional software knowledge depending on specialization
- Must have the ability to work permanently in the US
What You Can Expect from Ulteig
For 75 years, we’ve built a culture focused on people – both our clients and our employees. We realize that a huge part of our success has relied heavily on the dedication and focus of our workforce; this is why we make investing in our employees a top priority. Being 100% employee-owned means, we take our own success and the success of our clients personally.
We offer our team members:
- Flexible Workplace
- Employee Ownership
- Competitive Pay
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Collaborative Environment
- Innovative Culture
Working at Ulteig is more than a job, it means you will be making a difference. Our vision is to be among the most highly regarded engineering and technical services firms in North America. Ulteig connects people and resources to develop compelling, integrated solutions across multiple Lifeline Sectors®, including power, renewables, transportation and water. Ulteig’s footprint spans the country and leverages its expertise with a wide range of public and private clients.
If you would like to be a part of a company that empowers their employees, apply today!
Ulteig is a Drug Free Workplace
ACHIEVE | GROW | COLLABORATE
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies: to protect the interests of all parties, Ulteig Engineers, Inc., will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate or an approved vendor that has a written and signed agreement in place with Ulteig. Please do not contact or forward resumes to our company employees or locations. Any unsolicited resumes will be considered Ulteig property. Ulteig is not responsible for any charges or fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or © consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35©
Ulteig provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, veteran status, disability and any other legally protected status.