Diesel or Automotive Fleet Mechanic
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Orland, ME 04472
Are you ready to take your career as a Diesel or Automotive Technician/Mechanic to the next level?!?
At First Student, our technicians/mechanics are an integral part of the communities they serve. They are committed to safety, customer service and have experience in heavy equipment repair.
Why pick First Student? Glad You Asked!
- Top Hourly Wages: $25-$30/hour based on experience and qualifications + ASE Certifications earn you bonus money!
- Consistent year-round work
- Excellent benefits package with paid holidays & vacation, medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
- ASE training and testing materials provided
- Opportunities for Advancement Nationwide! – Advance your career as Shop Manager, Region Maintenance Manager, or work in our Greyhound, First Transit, & First Vehicle Services divisions across North America!
- Ongoing training – learn and work on gas, diesel, & alternative fuel vehicles
DIESEL OR AUTOMOTIVE TECHNICIAN/MECHANIC JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Ensure vehicles are maintained and safe for our customers by performing limited repairs with moderate supervision on basic and advanced maintenance such as replacement of light bulbs, fuses, lenses, wiper blades, belts, hoses, batteries, check fluid levels, change fluids and filters and lubricate components.
- Perform mechanical repairs under moderate supervision including the repair of brakes and brake inspections, engine tune-ups, suspensions, drive trains, transmission clutches and other repairs.
- Maintain records of all maintenance work completed on vehicles including parts and supplies used. Ensure that work orders are completed properly and accurately. Maintain parts usage records and order repair parts from designated suppliers
- Diagnoses and performs accurately all phases of vehicle and equipment repair under moderate supervision.
- Remove and replace engine, transmission and differential assemblies with Maintenance Technician III supervision.
- Repair and maintain all shop equipment
- Cleans vehicles as necessary
- Assist Tech III with preventative maintenance (PM’s), safety maintenance inspections and annual maintenance inspections at prescribed intervals of time and usage
- Evaluates completed work prior to release and seeks approval where required
- Moves vehicles safely between job and work area
- Assist with road calls and emergency services as necessary
- Adhere to FirstGroup standards, policies and procedures
- Notify supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and corrective action taken
- Other responsibility as requested or required
DIESEL OR AUTOMOTIVE TECHNICIAN/MECHANIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Have or be able to obtain a CDL license within 6 months of hire
- Subject to a background check and drug screen
- Possess a combination of education and technical experience including a minimum of 3 years diesel service and fleet experience
- A minimum of 3 ASE Certification in one test series (Auto, Truck, Transit, or School Bus) preferred, will be required to obtain within 120 days of hire if not currently possessed
- High Value on Master Level Techs
Now is the time to enhance your career…not just pursue another job. You do not want to miss out on this tremendous opportunity!
Apply online today to become a part of our team!
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status
First Student is an Equal Opportunity Employer.